Nostrils 2 different sizes after nose surgery (Photo)

I got nose surgery over a month ago now, and I just noticed when looking in the mirror my left nostril is like 2X bigger than my right nostril! They told me swelling could last for a year. Is that the case or should I have this looked at ASAP? Thanks!

Thank you for your question. Please keep in mind that it takes up to a year to fully heal from the Rhinoplasty procedure, and your nostrils will change over that period. It is best to avoid judging your new appearance until you reach the 12 month post op mark. Feel free to discuss your uneven nostrils with your board certified facial plastic surgeon in your next appointment.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

1 month post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire. It's too early to make value judgments with only 1 month after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty 1month post op

At 1 month, you are extremely early in your recovery period and the nose is expected to be quite swollen at this point.The swelling during this time is rarely symmetric. One side will always resolve more quickly than the other. The majority of the swelling will resolve in 3-6 months, and will continue to resolve as your nose heals for up to 1-2 years. You have not reached your final shape as the nose will continue to heal and reduce in size for up to a year. Once it does reach its final shape you may be more pleased with the appearance of your nose.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Different sized nostrils 1 month after rhinoplasty

It is true that it can take a year for all of the healing to occur after a rhinoplasty.  Since your surgery was a month ago, there should still be changes to the appearance of your nose, including your nostrils, over more time.

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon