What would be better to achieve a natural looking lip; Lip lift or lip implants? (photos)

I never liked my lips and I always wanted to get them done. I like to get a full, natural looking lip. I am trying to decide between lip lift and implants.

Lip Lift

Thank you for your question. It is always the goal of facial plastic surgeons to produce natural-looking results that rejuvenate your appearance. Fillers are an excellent solution to give you temporary lip augmentation for fuller, younger, sensual looking lips and to help improve your self-confidence.

I suggest that you move forward and consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip lift or lip implants

Thank you for asking about your lip implants.

For fullness of the pink lips, lip implants are probably better. But if your upper lip is too long, shortening the lip will give your more 'show' of the pink lip. In the photo, your upper lip does not look long but careful examination and measurements are needed. Rather than trying to decide for yourself, a consultation with a plastic surgeon who does a lot of lip lifts and implants is the best way to understand what is best.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

What would benefit me most, a lip lift or a lip implant.

You can achieve the most natural results with a lip lift. Reducing the distance between the nose and the lip is very aesthetic and youthful. At the same time it will increase the vermilion show and acts like an implant or filler. The lip lift procedure is very technically demanding and require a lot of artistic vision and precision. That is why many patients travel across the world to get this operation done. Even in the US it is not unusual for people to travel across the state lines to find the right doctor. I have been an early advocate of this operation and perform it on a regular basis. You can find more information on my profile and website. 

Lip lift vs implant

Great question, and thank you for the picture.  To be honest with you, it depends a little on a couple of factors.  You would ordinarily be a good candidate for a modified lip lift, which focuses on giving volume to the upper lip while shortening the distance between the nostril sil and the upper lip.  That being said, I am seeing a little bit of tooth show on that picture and am concerned that a lip lift may then give you a gummy smile.  Discuss this with your doc during consultation as in motion this is very easy to figure out.  In regards to the implants, I can tell you this - they work great, provided that whomever is putting them in contours them for your lips.  Make sure you discuss this with your doc as well as the only times that I have ever taken them out the implants were placed by docs who simply "took it out of the package" and placed it in.  What I am saying is that it did not look natural or follow the natural contour of your lip.  Hopefully this is helpful information.  Best of luck! 

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon