Are my implants too far apart, making them appear smaller? (Photo)

I had 300cc Mentor memory gel mod plus under the muscle almost a month ago. I started out as an A and was hoping for a C. They are measuring a full C but to me look small and too far apart--they are still up under my armpits from a side view. I'm seriously considering exchanging for 400ccs but not sure if it would make them even further to the sides? I'm 5-6" 110 lbs.

Breast Result

Thanks for your inquiry and I think your surgeon has done a nice job.  You are right that your anatomy dictates your cleavage plane.  You are also right if you simply go to a larger moderate plus implant you will just get a wider breast.  If you desire more projection, changing to a high profile 400 cc could achieve that with minimal change in width.  

Are my implants too far apart, making them appear smaller?

Thank you for the question and picture. Based on your photograph, I think that your plastic surgeon has done a nice job for you and that a more "narrow cleavage line" could not be achieved with breast augmentation surgery.  Attempting to do so would potentially lead to problems such as breast rippling/palpability along the cleavage area and/or an unattractive off centered  positioning of the nipple/areola complexes on each breast mound.   

Some general thoughts regarding "cleavage concerns" may be helpful to you and other young ladies considering breast surgery:

***Patients undergoing breast augmentation should understand that their anatomical “starting point” will play a significant "role" in the outcome that they can expect with breast augmentation surgery.   If the patient starts out with a significant distance between the breasts, there are limits as to how close of "cleavage" can be achieved.  If over dissection (when developing breast implant pocket) occurs in the cleavage area, with the goal being to achieve as close as possible cleavage per patient's request, patients may experience significant problems such as breast implant displacement (medial  malposition or symmastia) and/or significant breast implant rippling/palpability.  Obviously, these types of problems may require revisionary breast surgery to correct.  

Also, keep in mind, that each nipple/areola complex must remain centered on each breast mound after surgery.  Again, careful dissection of the breast implant pocket and appropriate selection of breast implant size/width/profile will also play a role when it comes to how close the cleavage area will be postoperatively (and the overall shape/symmetry of the breasts). Careful measurement/dimensional planning plays a big role in this regard.