If the Ideal implant has 2 shells does it then have 2 valves?

Ideal Implant

Dear Friend,
That is correct. There are two different chambers in the Ideal implant: One in the back of the
implant where it rests against the chest wall and one anteriorly. The chamber in the back is
inflated with a set amount of saline and it is the anterior chamber that has the baffles in it that
slow the movement of saline to give it a more natural feel. These valves are pretty much
identical to the valves that have been in use with single-lumen saline implants for 30+ years. I
hope this has been helpful.

Ideal Implant

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Dear Friend,
hope this has been helpful.

Does the ideal implant have two valves?

Thank you for your question.  The ideal implant has two valves.  One on the anterior surface and one on the posterior surface.  In addition, it has several layers to help it to achieve a more stable form of a saline implant.  This increased stability is termed a "structured" implant.  

Does the ideal implant have two valves?

Does the Ideal Implant Have 2 Valves

Thank you for the question. Yes, the Ideal Structured Implant has 2 valves. One on the back surface to fill the inner chamber and one on the front, or anterior surface to fill the anterior chamber. The valves are actually inside the implant with a small opening that has a flat valve cover to keep unwanted fluid or tissue from entering the valve opening. These valves are not something that patients can feel and they do not increase the likely hood of a leak. Most implants that do leak, are due to a fold or crease in the implant shell. Since the structure of these implants makes them less likely to wrinkle, you should expect a lower leakage or rupture rate than other types of implants. This has been confirmed by the data collected by the FDA, showing Ideal Implants have the lowest 5 year rupture rate. I hope this helps.

Does the Ideal Implant Have 2 Valves

Structure of the Ideal Implant

Great question - the Ideal implant has several layers of nested shells and baffles that allow it to be a fairly natural feeling saline implant.  These are internally divided into two separate compartments, each of which have their own valve.

Hope this helps,

Dr. Lim

Structure of the Ideal Implant

Hope this helps,

Dr. Lim

Ideal Implant valves

Good question. Yes. There is an anterior valve that adds saline to the outer chamber and a posterior valve that fills the internal chamber.

Ideal Implant valves

IDEAL implant

The ideal implant has multiple shells or baffles, depending on the size of the implant used.  It does have two valves one on the front side and one on the back.  The valves are flat and you can not feel them through the skin.  Most leaks in any saline implants are not from the valves but from fold flaws or creases.  The IDEAL implant has minimal rippling and feels very natural. I am a big fan. Hope this helps, Jane. 

IDEAL implant