Breast revision on very thin frame with wide sternum (Photo)

I had saline breast implants as a teenager and have since breastfed three children. I am extremely thin/lean 5'8" and 114 lbs and about a 32-34 B or small C. My old implants have begun to show rippling and feel very unnatural. I think this is due to a variety of factors, including lack of body fat, age of implant etc. revision is next month and want to make sure I get the correct size/shape. While breast feeding I was ranging in the full D range which given height actually looked good

Breast Revision For Thin Patient?

You have correctly identified several of the challenges in breast augmentation revision for a person such as yourself. Your situation is not at all unusual and the problems of rippling and gradual implant malposition are often seen with older saline implants. Your thin tissues and wide space between your breasts are some of the issues that make your situation challenging. 

For starters, switching to a new generation highly cohesive gel implant would go a long way towards helping with the problems of visible rippling and unnatural feeling implants. You may want to consider a shaped implant as this type of implant can provide for a more natural looking breast shape in someone with thin tissues. You will also need some modification of the implant pocket with your revision so that your implants are properly positioned. You should look for a surgeon who has plenty of experience in revision breast surgery and who is willing to consider different implant choices to optimize your outcome. I have included some references to help you better understand your options

Saline implant revision

I am not exactly sure what your question is, but I think you are an excellent candidate for revisionary surgery. You are correct in understanding that there are several issues that are affecting your current situation. I am not sure if your current implants are submuscular or subglandular. You may benefit from a site change. You would definitely benefit from switching to a more cohesive silicone gel implant and I agree that you May want to go with a larger implant.   Your left implant appearance to be a but bottomed out, and depending on what size implant you decide to go with this may need to be addressed. You would also benefit from fat injection but it doesn't look like you have much fat to donate. 

Good luck to you!

Mary Gingrass, MD