7 weeks out from panniculectomy, PS thinks I need lipo to get rid of muffin top?

I had a panniculectomy 7 weeks ago and I just left my check up with my PS and he thinks I need lipo to get rid of the muffin top. Is he right? Could it be scar tissue? What do I do? Help!

Much too early for liposuction

You should not have liposuction for at least 6 months after surgery.  First this is swelling.  Second it is dangerous this early after surgery to liposuction the panniculectomy flaps.

Liposuction after a panniculectomy?

Without looking at your post operative photos, it very difficult to say what else you need, including your doctor's recommendation of liposuction.  Try not to panic and post some photos of your abdomen.   

Elena Vega, DO
New York General Surgeon