Do I Need To Lose Weight?

I am considering having a but I give it a shin surgery but my current weight is 290 I am in the process of losing weight now but I was wondering how much weight would I have to lose to be considered ideal for the butt argumentation surgery. Although I'm losing weight most of the weight is in my stomach which has been hard to get rid of I need to know what I can do to prep for the surgery?

Buttock augmentation

The ideal buttock implant patient is at a healthy weight.  There is no specific weight required but you have to be healthy.  You will need to get medical clearance from your doctor before the procedure so this is something you should discuss with your primary care doctor.  Be sure to choose a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with extensive experience in buttock implants.

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implant

I appreciate your question.

For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Weight loss before buttocks augmentation

it is always best to get down to your target weight before having a cosmetic procedure. In your case having buttocks augmentation followed by a significant weight loss might cause your buttocks to sag to the point where surgical revision to correct sagging might be necessary.   You should discuss this with a board-certified plastic surgeon. As you say most of your excess weight is in your stomach, don't be surprised if it is suggested that you consider a form of tummy tuck surgery to correct your abdomen before addressing your buttocks.  Thank you for your question and best of health to you in your endeavor to lose weight.

Barry S. Citron, MD, FACS
Montclair Plastic Surgeon