Can I avoid a breast lift? (Photo)

I am a 45-year-old mom who breastfed my 3 kids, and I want a breast augmentation. I want to avoid a breast lift if at all possible. What type of implants would you recommend, and do you think that I can get a satisfactory result without a lift? I am currently researching surgeons in the Houston area.

Breast lift?

Thank you for your question and photos.  It appears that you absolutely need a breast lift as you have ptosis, which cannot be corrected with implants alone.  Please be seen in person by a board certified plastic surgeon to determine what would be best for you as well as what would be a realistic surgical expectation for you.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Breast Lift vs Augmentation

Unfortunately you need a breast lift. The entirety of your breast tissue is at or below your breast crease and your nipples are pointing downward. Placing implants alone is attractive because of the lower cost, and less scaring, but I would not offer or recommend this approach based on your photos. Even if you were to be satisfied in the short term with a very large implant, this doesn't avoid a lift at all, as your breasts would be larger, heavier and ultimately end up lower than they are now, necessitating a lift at some point in the near future. That approach generates a much more complex (and expensive) surgical problem just months to a few short years down the road, so I never encourage my patients to go with this approach. Some of you may then ask why some surgeons you've seen offer this approach to droopy breasts. The truth is that it's far easier and quicker for a surgeon to place a large implant without regard for the durability, or lack thereof, than perform a more technically challenging, and longer, lift procedure, particularly when a patient doesn't want the cost or scars associated with the lift. See numerous board certified plastic surgeons, and look at their before and after work. Ask them how many breast augmentations they did last year. Best of luck!

Implants To Avoid A Breast Lift?

Thank you for your question and photo!  Unfortunitly for you there is no way around a breast lift due to your ptosis.  Find a board certified plastic surgeon and discuss your area!  Best of luck!Dr Dhaval PatelDouble Board CertifiedPlastic SurgeonChicago Hoffman EstatesOak Brook 

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Can I avoid a breast lift

Thank you for your question. You would benefit from a breast lift. COnsult with  baord certified plastic surgeon. Best wishes

Breast implant surgery without a breast lift

Thank you for sending your picture and question. With patients who have as much ptosis as you do it is best to have a combined breast lift/augmentation and a vertical approach would keep scars at a minimum. Unfortunately you would be very disappointed with breast augmentation alone.

Mark Deutsch, MD

Can I avoid a breast lift?

Unfortunately, a breast augmentation alone will not give you satisfactory results. You need a lift.
I understand your hesitation on wanting a lift with the dreaded vertical scar, however, a new solution has been developed to minimize scarring on the breast. The Horndeski Method (TM) is a technique that uses your own tissue to reshape, re-position and anchor your breast to your chest wall for maximum lift without implants. The incisions are hidden around the areola and in the infra-mammary fold.

Best wishes and kind regards,

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

You Can't Avoid a Breast Lift If your Nipples Are Pointing Down

Thank you for the question and supplying a photo. By examination of the photos alone, it appears that you do indeed need a breast lift. I would try to avoid going to a surgeon who tells you otherwise. Due to the price and scars from a breast lift, patients tend to think that they can get away with just implants to correct the problem. If you decide to get a breast augmentation without a full lift, you run the chance of an unsatisfactory outcome which could cost more in time and money to revise. I would recommend looking up “Snoopy Breast Deformity.”

It appears as though you have enough tissue to to do a lift alone without implants, but it also depends on what size you are trying to achieve. Please be seen for a consultation by a plastic surgeon and see what options you have.

Breast lift with implant will give you a better shape.

Hi, Sugar Land Mom.  Thanks for your question and photos.  I understand that many patients do not want breast lift due to longer surgery and more scars.  However, you have breast ptosis (sagging); your result will be better with implants and lift.  Implants will give you larger, fuller breasts; but they do not change your breast shape or lift your nipple location. Breast lift will give you perkier, better shape. Please consult a board-certified plastic surgeon to be evaluated in-person. 
In regards to implant type, it depends on what you feel more comfortable inside of your body.  Both saline and silicone implants will give your larger, fuller breasts.  Both implants are safe in regards to breast cancer and autoimmune disease.  It would be best to see a board certified plastic surgeon to learn about implant type/size/profile.  

Can I avoid a breast lift?

Based on your photos I recommend a breast lift as well. You cannot have implants alone. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Breast lift

Thank you for your question.  Based on your submitted photos, it appears the procedure you would benefit from most and would produce beautiful results with perkier more full breasts would be a breast lift with augmentation.  The type of implant that you select, meaning silicone or saline,  is one often made based on desired overall look and in some cases, cost.  Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to address your concners, discuss your goals and work together to create a surgical plan that you are not only comfortable with, bnut one that wil best help you achiev your overall desired goals.

Best regards,
Dr. Lane F. Smith, MD
Plastic Surgeon
Las Vegas, NV

Lane Smith, MD