What will 400 cc look like on me? (Photo)

I'm a C cup and spoke with a surgeon that recommended 400 cc but that's not gonna give me the look I want, I'm thinking I need 550cc - 600 cc to get the look I want, is this possible?

Consult with a board-certified surgeon to determine the best implant size for you.

Without having examined you, it’s hard to say exactly what implant will help you reach your goal. Based on the look you’d like to achieve, you will need a large implant, likely around the 400cc range or larger. Ultimately, it will depend on your measurements and how much existing breast tissue you have, which again requires a physical exam. There’s nothing wrong with getting a second opinion, so if you’re not confident in the advice you were given, schedule an additional consultation with a board certified surgeon.

Eugene Plastic Surgeon

What will 400 cc look like on me?

It vaires. Your best bet would to explain to your chosen surgeon what excactly you are hoping to achieve by showing pictures. As well as trying on sizers. 

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

What will 400 cc look like on me?

Sizing: Everyone wants to know what a given number of cc's will look like in them.

Answer: Depends on your tissues, your skin tightness, your chest and breast width...in other words, your anatomy, and not always completely predictable prior to surgery.

Strategy:
1. Try on sizers with your surgeon to get some idea (not precisely accurate, but better than no idea) how much volume you would like to add to your breasts. (Plus or minus 25cc makes little to no difference.)
2. Let your surgeon determine what the maximum width of implant will fit safely into your breast width...too wide an implant for your breast equals long term problems and future surgeries.
3. Give the surgeon an idea of how much upper pole bulging you want...that is, how obviously implanted vs. how natural a look you are after...bring in photos. The larger the implant FOR YOUR TISSUES, the bulgier and less natural they will look. Loose or stretchy tissues= more flexibility. Tighter skin=less choice.
4. Let the surgeon try sizers in during surgery, and if it is too tight to get the incision safely closed, then they must go down in size. If the implant will fit but so tightly that you would get a result much more obviously implanted and less natural than desired, then they must go down in size.

No magic here. Many patients seem to think that they can choose any size implant or get any result with no regard to the limitations of their anatomy. Surgeons work within the constraints of your anatomy to get the best results you can achieve.

Perfect implant size

It is important to realize that the ultimate breast size and shape depend upon so very many variables. A 300 cc implant on a petite woman with a thin frame may look quite large, but that same implant in an overweight woman may be barely noticeable. Size and shape of the result depend upon the volume of the implant, the shape of the implant, if it is over or under the muscle, your skin and its resilience, stretch marks, the degree of breast sagging, chest circumference, amount and distribution of the natural breast tissue, etc. For this reason, it is impossible to give reliable advice based simply upon height and weight, or even photos.
The only way to approach reliable predictions is with an in-person examination with a board certified plastic surgeon, the use of sizers, 3-D imaging, and most importantly, relying upon the skill, expertise, and experience of your chosen Board-Certified Plastic surgeon.
Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

What will 400 cc look like on me?

Hi and thanks for your question. It's a great question but no one on this site has actually examined you so I would advise you to return to your plastic surgeon for that conversation and try on various sizers of different volumes to find one that suits you. Good luck.

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS, FICS
Triple Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

Size choices

Thank you for your question. The exact sizes and shapes of implant best suited for you will be determined by your specific breast measurements, existing anatomy and your aesthetic goals. There will be limits to what your Plastic Surgeon feels can safely be implanted.

My patients find it helpful to try on implant sizers in the office with a form fitting T-Shirt in order to get an idea of how they will look.

All the best

What will 400 cc look like on me?

I'm afraid the photos are inadequate to make any comments on your condition. We would need unclothed front and side neck to abdomen photos. But 400 cc will look different on each patient so the best place to go with your question is to the surgeon that has examinined you.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

What will 400 cc look like on me?

Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of know words such as “natural” or "D or DD cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.

I hope this (and the attached link/video, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Breast Implants / Breast Augmentation/ Cohesive Gel Implants / Silicone Implants / Revision Breast Surgery

I appreciate your question.

It depends on your chest wall measurements and existing breast tissue as implant size does not accurately correlate to a bra size. It also depends on the brand and style of bra you wear as size varies from manufacturer to manufacturer.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

What will 400 cc look like on me?

Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance.

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, lift, etc). I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. A preopertive sizing kit is helpful in my practice. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width.

Hope that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD