Is Lipo of the flanks included in the Tummy tuck price?

great question.....with the way I perform my procedures , yes, always, if your surgeon performs a lipo abdominoplasty , which should be hte standard these days, lipo of upper/lower/flanks and back is included , to really sculpt the waist and give you your figure back, good luck!!

Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

No

Hello. Liposuction is usually a separate cost to the patient and is not included in the quoted tummy tuck price. 

DrBurnett#realself100

Price

Hi, that´s something you have to discuss with your plastic surgeon, the planned procedures must be very clear,, if you asked for them and they gave you a price they must be included.
Best wishes

Hector Milla, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Is Lipo of the flanks included in the Tummy tuck price

Most times the liposuction of the flanks requires you being in the face down position. At the completion of the liposuction of the flanks then they would flip you over and you would be face up for the tummy tuck For that reason there is an additional charge in the vast majority of cases of a combination liposuction of the flanks with a tummy tuck.

Julio Garcia, MD

Plastic Surgery practices charge slightly differently for combination procedures so it would be best to clarify with your surgeon what will be done and what will be the charges. No question is too stupid so be sure to have all your questions fully answered.

Dr. Peter A. Aldea
Memphis, TN

Liposuction with a Tummy Tuck

Liposuction of the flanks is not included with a tummy tuck as it is a totally different side of the body. Most offices will give you a price to do the flanks at the same time as the tummy tuck though so that you can get a 360 degree look.

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck - Liposuction included?

Thank you for your question. Most practices do not include liposuction as part of the tummy tuck surgery. It is important to discuss your question with your board certified plastic surgeon.  Hope this helps!

Is lipo to the flanks included in the price of a tummy tuck?

Every plastic surgery office charges differently, I would discuss this question with your surgeon.  In my practice its considered a separate charge, your flanks you be part of your sides/back area which along with a tummy tuck certain patients need at the same time to have the best end result possible.

N. Bill Aydin, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Depends On The Office Policy

In my practice I liposuction the back corners of the abdominoplasty incision and the flanks and it is included in my fee for the abdominoplasty procedure.  It is necessary to liposuction the back corners of the abdominoplasty incision to flatten this area because sometimes the closure of the abdominoplasty ellipse will make this area bulge.  I then liposuction as much of the flank as I can get to with the patient prepped and draped for the adbominoplasty procedure.  The abdominoplasty positioning of the patient limits some of the exposure to this flank area but is is still effective and my patient's are always happy with the results.  However, realize that it is not exactly like prepping and draping a patient specifically to liposuction the flanks.

Gordon Telepun, MD
Decatur, Alabama

Liposuction Flanks And Tummy Tuck Fees

Thank you for your inquiry. Many of my patients ask this question during consultation. Liposuction of the flanks is not included in the price of a tummy tuck but is normally added due to the outcome patients will have. The final results will be a lot more aesthetically pleasing and your body’s natural contours will be enhanced.  Liposuction of the anterior abdomen however IS included in our fee. A consultation is necessary to assess if you are a candidate for a tummy tuck or liposuction alone. Best of Luck.