Frankenboob? Implant too high? (Photo)

I am one week post op and had my follow up today. My dr thinks I am healing nicely and look good for 1 wk post op. I feel like my breast are too square and high. Will this get better as my implants drop?

Too early to judge outcome

At this point after surgery it is too early to judge the outcome. You should be massaging the implants. That will help them fall nicely into position.  This will absolutely change over the next 6 months.

Too early to judge outcome

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Healing process

At 1 week it is still very early in the healing process. As the swelling goes down and the implants soften and drop, the shape of the breast will change. Your scars will also flatten, fade and change. It usually takes 3 months to get to your result. Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have will your surgeon for his evaluation and advice. Good luck! Dean Vistnes.

Healing process

Is it normal for implants to be so high?

Yes, it will get better. You breasts look normal for women who are one-week post-op. In fact, I show my patients pictures like this so they know what to expect and are not frightened by their "Frankenboobs"!

As the skin stretches and the chest muscle relaxes, the implants will more down and out into place. Be patient and follow your doctor's instructions for post-op massage, etc.

High breast implants

I love your sense of humor!  Yes, your implants should drop over the next few months.  If your PS gave you massage instructions, be sure to follow them. Also, I advise my patients to avoid wearing a bra until they have settled completely.  Be sure to ask your PS about whether or not to wear a bra.

High breast implants

Breast implants

Breast implants will drop with time and fill out the lower poles.   If your surgeon is happy with things now then I would not worry.  Be patient.  Good luck.

Michael McClure, MD
Altamonte Springs Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants

Michael McClure, MD
Altamonte Springs Plastic Surgeon

Frankenboob? Implant too high?

Your appearance is normal for someone one week post op.  Implants will gradually stretch skin and overlying breast tissue over the next several months.  Final appearance of your breasts will not be present for 3months. As the implants stretch the overlying skin and breast tissue they will take on a more natural look. Best of luck with your recovery.

Frankenboob? Implant too high?