Breast implants and lift concerns. Any suggestions?

I am 2 weeks out on Monday from Breast lift with implants 510/275 saline. I went in yesterday to see my surgeon to get stitches or the knots removed. He decided just to be on the safe side to put me on Leviquin and Bacterium which are 2 different antibiotics. Now today on one breast it is all red right under the areola. Obviously I am trying to start up an infections so Thank God he put me on one but has anyone else had this happen and did he heal okay? I am totally stressing about it.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast…

Breast lift result

Since your redness is limited around the areola, it is probably related to the stitch inflammation in that area. Glad you are back on antibiotics but keep your surgeon informed of any changes. Good luck.

Post op concerns

You Should continue to follow up with your surgeon closely. You cannot base your outcome on other patients outcomes. Make sure you stay in regular contact with your surgeon so that he or she can monitor your recovery.

James Shoukas, MD
Lake Mary Plastic Surgeon

Wait for some time

The final appearance, shape, and movement are not exactly the same as normal breasts. The surgically enlarged breasts do not move in the same way as normal breasts. They tend to be firmer. The contours are usually somewhat different than normal breasts. In some patients these discrepancies may be rather noticeable. Although every effort is made to place the implants symmetrically, complete symmetry is rarely achieved. Immediately after surgery, the breasts are swollen and firmer. The final shape and size is approximated after 2 to 3 months, but up to one year may be required for the end result.

Breast Lift and Implant Concerns

It is very good that your surgeon is taking action on this possible infection.  Follow his instructions carefully to avoid major complications.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD