What's the best temple filler?

Filler for temples

Hello, and thanks for your question. Every patient is different, but the fillers I use most often in this area include Radiesse, Voluma, and Sculptra. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with an expert. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Temple filler

The best temple filler is Voluma, which is FDA indicated to last up to 2 years. Sculptra is also good, depending on how hollow the areas you are looking to fill. Voluma can be dissolved, Sculptra cannot.

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician

Best Temple Filler

Thank you for your question. There are several options to use in the temple area. I agree with the other physicians that the injector behind the needle is the most important when using dermal fillers for any area. In my practice, I consider several factors such as, skin thickness, amount of volume loss, specific area in need of correction, and overall goals of the patient to give the best result. The exam with your doctor/injector will likely determine the best choice of filler. I have used Voluma, Juvederm plus, Sculptra and Radiesse. Injection technique is imperative when injecting this area. I too, find that microcannulas are great when placing filler in certain areas while traditional needles are sometimes needed for deeper injections. It really depends on the overall structure/anatomy of the patient and their goals. Hope that helps!

Kim Thompson, DO
Salem Physician

Fillers in the temples

Thank you for your question. There are several options of fillers for this area. Generally, we use a stiffer filler in this area such as voluma. Radiesse is a good option as well but cannot be dissolved  which is rarely needed in this area. Discuss with your doctor to see what they prefer to use after they examine you. good luck

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best filler in temples

I usually prefer an HA-based filler such as Restylane or Juvederm.  These types of fillers are reversible which makes them the safest type of filler.  I also use Sculptra in the temples.  The most important consideration is to find an experienced, conservative injector.

Regards,

Dr. Ort

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Best Filler for Temples

Thanks for your question. When placing filler in this region, I use a microcannula for safety and generally a hyaluronic acid filler, again for safety reasons as it can be dissolved with hyaluronidase if need be. Although I have never had to use hyaluronidase it's nice to have that option just in case. Your most important decision point however will be who is behind the needle, not what is in it.

I most often opt for one that is very 'soft to the touch' such as Restylane Silk or Belotero.

Lisa Vuich, MD

Lisa Vuich, MD
Nashua Physician

Best Filler for Temple Area

Hi and thank you for sharing your question here! There is no concrete and exact answer for your question. My choice of filler for the temple area depends on how hollow it is. I Usually inject it very deep as it is a safe area of injection and there is no risk of hitting any major artery or nerve. In these cases I usually go with Radiesse, Bellafill, Voluma or Sculptra.

There are some other cases that I perform injections in temples more superficially (above the arteries and nerves) depending on the form and pattern of volume loss. In these cases, I usually perform injections with flexible cannula and pick a smooth filler such as Restylane or Belotero to avoid the bumpy look at the temple.

As you can see, temple area is anatomically quite sophisticated with higher risk of complications if not done properly, and performing injections there requires great level of skill and experience. Please make sure that you do a good search and find a highly experienced physician. I hope it helps and good luck!

Elham Jafari, MD
Irvine Physician