What are the statistical risks concerning a breast lift alone vs risks with lift and implants at the same time?

I recently had my first consultation and was told that getting implants at the same time as a lift had a risk of complications and needing revision surgery 25%-50% higher than if one were to have the breast lift without implants. I would really like a 2nd opinion. I definitely want/need the lift, but going a little bigger would be great too. If it's that big of a risk, though, getting implants later on would definitely be something I need to consider. I can't find statistics on this anywhere.

Breast lift and implant

I do not know if you will be able to find the exact statistic you are looking for. There certainly is a greater risk to add an implant when doing a lift simply because it is a bigger surgery with more going on. But if the revision rate on a lift is 5% then 50% more is a 7.5% on augmentation/lifts. But if you want a lift and an implant and do the operations separately then there is a 100% chance of two procedures. I do a lot of augmentation/lifts and so far have never had to do a revision, so I recommend you find a surgeon who does this often and you like their results. Good luck.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD