My pores look bigger and fine lines more apparent. Is this normal? (Photo)

How long until I see results? Because I look rough right now. ( 48 hours after) I am worried about the stress the microneedle caused to my thin skin during PRP. My pores look bigger and fine lines more apparent. And what are the best post care instructions? Those were unclear to me.

Microneedling/PRP is a Low Risk For Wrinkles, Best Combine with Lasers, Botox, Fillers, Peels

Microneedling should give textural improvements and this can take 4-6 weeks to appreciate.  I suggest LED treatments and PRP at this time point to help speed the healing.  Hyperbaric oxygen and skin care can help.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Give it some time

Hi Brittany,

It is normal to still see some track marks 48 hours after microneedling.  Microneedling works by stimulating your body to produce more collagen, elastin, and new skin.  This process takes some time.  You should see the tracking and swelling go down within the next few days.  The full results will probably be about 6 weeks out.  

Because you have mini-wounds on your skin, you want to make sure not to put too many products on it.  Oxygenetix is a great post-procedure product to moisturize and protect the skin.  Contact your provider for additional information on the healing process and how to protect and nourish your skin.

Good luck!

Farhan Taghizadeh, MD
Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon

Microneedling w/PRP- Post Care

Thank you for posting photos. No need to worry, what you are experiencing is expected. Normally it takes 1-2 weeks to see results from your microneedling. It is recommended to take it easy the first two days after microneedling. Use cool compresses, a mild cleanser and a calming cream for the week following your treatment. Avoid retinols, Vit C, Glycolics or any other acids in your products and sun. 

Hope this helps! Dr Faraz

Microneedling

Things typically look rough or worse at first. It takes time for the healing process and is different for everyone. Usually takes anywhere from 1-3 weeks for results. You could do an oxygen infusion treatment to help the healing process and a skincare that is hydrating from a dermatologist or cosmetic/plastic surgeon's office.

David Stoker, MD