Is it normal for breast to be red and appear sun burnt after BA?

I am one week post op from BA. Tonight I noticed my breast are red and appear sun burnt. They are still swollen and sensitive.

Redness after BA

Thank you for your question.  Increased redness should certainly be evaluated by your plastic surgeon.  Increased redness, swelling or pain could be a sign of infection.  Best to follow-up with your surgeon.  Best of luck.

The redness that you see is unusual after breast augmentation and could represent an infection.  Please see our plastic surgeon for an examination in person and do not rely on Internet advice.

Post Op Redness

Unless you actually sunburned your skin, you should not expect to have overall redness along with your swelling. I recommend that you ask your Plastic Surgeon to assess you and rule out any problems.

All the best

Thank you for sharing your question. I would recommend seeing your plastic surgeon sooner than later as it appears that you may have an infection of your breast skin taking place.You need an in-person evaluation and commencement of antibiotic therapy.