Follow-up Question: Is this normal? My left breast is still falling off to the side. (photos)

It's been 8 months since my breast augmentation,my left breast is still falling off to the side an my doctors says that's normal.? After swimming my left breast now hurts really bad,an my nipple appears to be swelled ,what could be wrong ? Or is this normal ? In the photos you can see how far apart they are,an you can see how the bottom part of my nipple is swollen an the top isn't.

Breast Position/Swelling Issue

Unfortunately your photos are not clear, front photos showing both breasts. It is difficult to make any comparison with these. If you have noted sudden changes and have concerns I recommend that you see your Plastic Surgeon in person so that they can assess and let you know if there is any issue.

All the best

Do I have a problem with my left breast implant?

Thanks for the question.  It  certainly  should be discussed with your local Plastic Surgeon who performed the surgery if you can.  Wide separation between the breasts once augmented often is because the distance between the sternum is wide, and this is accentuated when implants are placed subpectorally.  This may be your situation, and perhaps after a proper examination your surgeon may discuss the need for a revision.  Be prepared  to have your surgeon state that this may be normal for your anatomy, however.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Pocket revision

Your before pictures and in person examination would be helpful to better evaluate the cause and plan for treatment. You do have bottoming out of the implant. Please see your surgeon for evaluation and treatment. 

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Is this normal? My left breast is still falling off to the side.

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  It sounds as if you may have an implant displacement/malposition issue with the outer portion of your implant pocket having stretched out allowing the implant to slide off your chest.  I would recommend seeing your surgeon for an in-person evaluation and discussion of possible revision surgery, or if you would rather, seek a second opinion.  Hope this helps.

Follow-up Question: Is this normal? My left breast is still falling off to the side.

Reviewed ALL your posed photos! I see only a normal result! Best to follow up wth your surgeon in person.

Thank you for your question.  If you feel that there is something wrong with your breasts, make sure you contact your plastic surgeon and discuss your concerns.  If indeed there is a problem, you may be a candidate for a revision.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

8 months post op

Thank you for your question and for your photos. A lot of your end result depends on what your breasts looked like prior to surgery. Questions or concerns about your breast augmentation results should be addressed with your board certified plastic surgeon.

Is this normal? My left breast is still falling off to the side ask your plastic surgeon #breastaugmentation #breastimplants

Patients with questions and concerns about their breast augmentation with implants clinical results should ask and discuss those concenrs directly with the plastic surgeon that performed the operation

John Mesa, MD

I am sorry to hear about the problem you are experiencing. Unfortunately, it is not possible to help you with a good diagnosis or specific advice based on the photographs posted.

Generally speaking, some “falling to these sides” of breast implants is quite normal when you lie down: if this occurs “excessively”, it may be a concern to patients. This phenomenon is called lateral displacement of the breast implant; it may be of concern from the visual and the discomfort standpoints.

Surgical correction is an option.
Generally, the lateral breast implant displacement can be corrected using an internal suture technique, decreasing the size of the pockets and moving the implants toward the midline. In my practice, I use a 2 layered suture technique to close off the space laterally (towards the axilla). The use of acellular dermal matrix is an option ( although not usually necessary) especially if significant implant rippling/palpability is present. Also, the use of a larger/wider breast implant may help improve/decrease the space between the breast implants.  
I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to revisionary breast surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.