What's the best treatment for double chin? (Photo)

Trying to understand what the best way to eliminate my double chin. I'm in my mid-twenties and around 125 lbs, and this is my progress after Coolsculpting a few months ago. I'm happy with my results, but am looking for a more contoured chin, but am unsure if it's even fatty deposit anymore or just a lack of chin definition. Any help on what the best way to achieve a completely eliminated double chin would be amazing.

You have options of dissolving your chin fat with Kybella.
This is an office injection technique.
Chin advancement or a chin implant can help also.

Jawline and chin contour

You have a lower jaw which is slightly underdeveloped. The 'back/ramus' of the jawline appears fine but the front/chin section is small. The area under the chin depends upon the 'length' of the distance between the neck and the chin 'point'. There is muscle under the small fat pad, which will flatten properly if the chin is advanced with a sliding genioplasty; but it will not flatten with a chin implant. As well, you have to look at the face from the front to see if the 'width' will be positive with the change, since the overall facial shape does change with chin procedures.

Gerald Wittenberg, MSc, DMD
Vancouver Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Best treatment for double chin

The photographs demonstrate a weak and recessive chin profile, along with a small amount of fatty deposits in the neck. The best treatment to address both of these issues is placement of a small Silastic chin implant to bring the chin forward to help with facial balance and proportions which also helps by lengthening the jawline. Simple liposuction of the fatty deposits in the neck can accomplish improvement of the jawline as well. Both procedures are complementary to each other, and can be performed under local anesthesia as an outpatient surgical procedure. For many examples of this combination, please see the link and the video below

Chin definition

You are a great candidate for a chin implant. It would add definition to the lower face and pull some of the submental tissue forward to help eliminate fullness below your chin. You can combine that with focused treatment for the submental area if needed (Kybella, another Coolsculpting session, or liposuction). Good luck! 

Justin Cohen, MD
Washington DC Otolaryngologist

Best treatment for double chin

There is not one best method to help improve a double chin, as some methods may work better than others for some individuals.  In your case, I would say that augmenting your chin with a chin implant would help to balance your profile.  If you wanted additional reduction of fat under your chin, you could have another CoolSculpting session or your could try Kybella injection or liposuction.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

What's the best treatment for double chin?

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years. From the photos, your chin is weak. A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin. Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty. I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone. In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

Hope this helps.