How many grafts do I need? (Photo)

Hello, i am 27 yrs old..how many grafts do i need for my lost hairline..and which method will be best in my case fue or strip..thanks

You have a full head of hair. If you want a hair transplant you need to see a doctor in person and explain what you want.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

More than you may think...

Because of your age, you don't want to under do this.  What I mean is you may only need about 400 grafts to re-establish your hairline, but what happens as your hair loss continues over time?  You may look pretty funny with a solid line of hair at your hairline with nothing behind it.  You need to plan for the future -- especially in young men.  I'd suggest adding about 1500 or so grafts to your hairline, temples, frontal and midscalp region. You'll get a nice, full result that will support you for years (combined with medical therapy).  Personally, I use the ARTAS robotic system, but FUE and FUT both have their advantages and disadvantages.  Good luck!

Robert S. Houser, DO
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

How many grafts

I would like to see a photos face on, with your eyes lifted so that your forehead wrinkled. That will tell me where the hairline belongs because it is accurate to measure from the highest wrinkle. Put a ruler next to you in the picture and send it to me and I can give you an accurate estimate if we speak. FUE vs Strip surgery is an individual choice, both techniques work well. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon