Bleeding nipple 11 days post-op BA. (photos)

I had sub-muscular placement through the nipple 11 days ago. Yesterday my left incision started bleeding while I was watching TV. The breast that bled is also more swollen and hurts more than the other one. My problem is I did my surgery in Colombia and I live in Canada, so I sent pictures to the doc and he said it was because I put too much "scar cream" on it but I am not sure. Also, the blood was darker than usual, could this be a sign of hematoma?, should I be worried?. Thanks

Hematoma?

You likely have a hematoma and need to see someone ASAP. If you can not get to a plastic surgeon, then go to the emergency rooom.

Breast augmentation question

You need to be seen by a surgeon without delay. It looks like you left breast is more swollen than the right and the bleeding from your nipple may be an indication of ongoing internal bleeding or a collection of blood in your left breast. I would call a few plastic surgeons and explain your situation and see if somebody would be willing to see you. If nobody is willing to see you you should consider going to an emergency room.

Bleeding nipple 11 days post-op BA.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. It seems you're healing well but your nipples are getting opened, it will be better for you to apply antibiotic cream and close it with sterile gauze.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD