Adipose hyperplasia - CoolSculpting.

Why are practitioners of coolsculpting not reporting this rare side affect.

Coolsculpting Adipose Paradoxical Hyperplasia

this is reported as a rare side effect.  I treat this with liposuction for patients that have come to me with this rare condition.  Best, Dr. Emer.

PAH following Cool Sculpting

If you are at a reputable medical practice for Cool Sculpting this is indeed discussed with each and every client that goes forward with Cool Sculpting. It is clearly on our consent form and should be at any practice. If you sought a consultation and they didn't even discuss it or have it on their consent form for you to review I question their program. Seek a reputable practice. Indeed if it occurs my practice reports every occurrence to the Zeltiq company always. Hope that helps. 

Paradoxic Adipose Hyperplasia

This is an exceedingly rare complication. While I have fortunately never seen this reaction, we inform all of our Coolsculpting patients that this could occur.  Should it happen, the treatment is liposuction, and Zeltiq will help with this if reported. 

Parker A. Velargo, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Paradoxical Adipose Hyperplasia

Paradoxical adipose hyperplasia has been reported with a low incidence in the medical literature.  As a practice who performs CoolSculpting, we have been including this as part of the informed consent process and on our forms.  

Jason D. Bloom, MD
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon