2 months post first CoolSculpting treatment. Is this the final result or will the abdomen get even smaller?

Hi Its been almost 2 months since my first coolsculpting treatment and I have noticed a change, quite significant to me. I am wondering now if that is all I will see or is there a chance that the abdomen will get even smaller. I know results take up to 3 months but I'm anxious for more fat to drop. Also I want to decide if I should get a second treatment.

Fat reduction up to four months.

Hello. Fat reduction actually is ongoing for up to four months. However , the process will be much slower the remaining two months. Keep in mind that CoolSculpt is usually two to three treatments. So I would proceed with your next one when you are ready. Enjoy!

Waiting on CoolSculpting Results

Thank you very much for your question and congratulations on your recent CoolSculpting procedure. It will take three to four months before the final results from a CoolSculpting procedure can be seen. After this time, a repeat treatment can safely be scheduled for additional fat reduction. If you are looking for more extensive results, I recommend speaking with your CoolSculpting provider to find out when they suggest scheduling a second treatment.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what.

After coolsculpting, you will continue to see improvement in the next month. However, two months is where you experience the most visible result.

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Fat reduction

You may still continue to experience fat reduction over the next few months.  However, if you are looking for a significant amount more reduction you may want to consider doing a second treatment at this time.  Good luck with your continued transformation.

Michelle Ellern, DO
Livingston Physician

CoolSculpting and when to see final result

Hi...It is nice that you are seeing the procedure work for you.  It may work even more over the next months.  Some patient take longer than others to see the final result but the 3 month time frame is usual for most of the patients.

Knowing you are a responder is great news.  It means that another round with the CoolSculpt approach will probably do more and more for you.  However, you do not need to wait for the final result to try another round.  It becomes additive with your fat loss.  Any "stunned" fat cells are still in the absorption stage and the next procedure will add to the number of cells that will absorb.

Discuss all of this with your doctor and make sure that you tell your doctor that you are noticing a nice reduction of the fatty tissue in the areas treated.  Good luck with your CoolSculpting !

2 Months after Coolsculpting

At two months, you should have seen the majority of changes but there will still be some changes and skin tightening in the area treated for up to 3 months.  If you are already close to the results you want, wait another 4 weeks to decide if you want to do the 2nd treatment.  If you know you still want to make some more significant changes then go ahead and have your 2nd treatment at any time , it's not too soon and you may get to your overall goal a little quicker.

Grant Stevens, MD

Result 2 months post CoolSculpting

Hi Noreen, that is great news that you have noticed a significant change. Typically results are seen by the end of month three but some patients notice changes even earlier (as early as 3-4 weeks). It is possible you will continue to see more fat reduction in the next 30 days. I would wait until your 3 month follow-up to assess your results and discuss a possible second treatment with the doctor. Bets of luck, Manish Khanna, MD

Manish Khanna, MD, FRCP(C)
Montreal Dermatologic Surgeon

Good CoolSculpt Results at 2mo.

Seeing results at 8 weeks is awesome for you.  It can take 3months to see the final results.  How much more can very greatly from, nothing more to twice as much.  Making a decision about the second treatment can be difficult at this time. If you got twice the improvement as you have now and still would want to remove more fat then proceed now.  If your not sure wait.  That is one of the benefits of CoolSculpting is that you can easily do more later to maximize your results. Good Luck.

CoolSculpting Treatment

Thank you for your question.  CoolSculpting results can vary from person to person.  We usually recommend waiting 3 months to see the final results.  There is no harm in re-treating the same area after two months if you are sure you would like to see additional results.  Additional treatments will result in additional fat reduction and may aid in achieving your optimal results. 

It is always a good idea to get re-examined by a CoolSculpting provider to allow them to assess your specific needs.  It is also beneficial to take a set of “after” photos to compare to your “before” photos. After meeting with the provider, they will be able to guide you through ha treatment regimen that is most appropriate for you, your expectations, and desired outcomes.

Kind regards,

Dr. Mehta

Umang Mehta, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Complete results from Coolsculpting take about 3 months

It takes about 3 months to see the final results. However, most of the changes have already taken place. You won't see much more from this point. Improved results can be obtained with your second treatment if the Cooladvantage is used as well as the Zimmer Z wave.

Steven F. Weiner, MD