Would liposuction correct the upper half loose skin on my stomach? If so, which lipo? Or tummy tuck? (Photo)

I had mini tummy tuck in july bottom half looks good however there is flab upper half. It is not as bad but it is still flab i want abs and the flab gone as well as my stomach smoother. My question to you is that can liposuction correct this and if so what type of liposuction or would I have to do a full tummy tuck or a reverse tummy tuck? I was also looking at the coolsculpting to freeze fat but it's not really fat it is loose skin?

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks.

Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Upper stomach flabby after mini-tuck

Thank you for asking about your tummy tuck.

You are very thin - liposuction is not likely to help you. You probably have loose skin, more noticeable now because the mini-tuck tightened the lower half. That is what a mini-tuck does. You are right - CoolSculpting will not reduce loose skin. I suggest you see your plastic surgeon about a re-do tummy tuck that this time includes the upper half of the stomach.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Loose upper abdominal skin

This is an issue that must be addressed prior to the mini abdominoplasty. The mini abdominoplasty addresses the skin laxity from the belly button to the pubic hairline only.

Your photos are taken from a distance which makes evaluation of the upper abdominal skin difficult. That being said your contour is good and it does not appear there is a great deal of fat above the umbilicus. That is important in choosing the proper technique to address your concerns.

Liposuction is a contouring operation and is not a skin tightening procedure. A reverse abdominoplasty can address the excess upper abdominal skin by placing an incision below the breasts. Your photos do not show a dramatic excess in that area. Off label use of Ultherapy of the upper abdomen may provide enough improvement in the skin to satisfy you.

Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon to evaluate you and offer suggestions on how to deal with this issue.

Good luck and I hope this was helpful.

Robert W. Kessler, MD, FACS
Corona Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

Loose skin on upper abdomen

Thank you for your email and for attaching pictures. The downside of a mini-abdominoplasty is that it does nothing to address the excess skin of the upper abdomen above the belly button. To remove this excess skin, my suggestion would be to have a full abdominoplasty. You don't have much fat to remove, really only skin. Liposuction or coolsculpting will do nothing with the skin.You should find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who is a member of ASPS and ASAPS to review your options. Good luck.

Correcting upper abdomen

The main difference between a mini abdominal plasty and a full abdominal plasty is that the mini will not address the upper abdomen.

If you want to address the upper abdomen you need to convert your mini abdominoplasty to a full abdominal plasty.

Any type of fat procedure weather cool sculpting or liposuction will not compensate for your loose skin.

I would not recommend a reverse abdominoplasty.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Lipo or Mini Tummy Tuck

Thank you for asking! Unfortunately the common misconception that liposuction tightens skin is not true. With current technology the only real way is to remove some skin. Based on your pictures you  most likely will need a modified AKA Mini tummy tuck. My offices are in Mission Viejo, please feel free to schedule a free consultation to go over all of your options and get a better idea of what you might need. Or if you have any other questions, you can message me and I would be more than happy to answer them. Best of luck! Dr. Kachenmeister

Robert M. Kachenmeister, MD

Liposuction Post Tummy Tuck/Loose Skin--VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

You can use VASER Hi Def liposuction to get better contour and shape in certain situations. I suggest getting a formal consultation with a physician who is a body contouring specialist and doesn't just reduce fat but uses it to reshape and contour.  Best, Dr. Emer.