Disappointed four weeks out with the stretch marks and bottomed-out look, advice? (photos)

Seriously, was hoping to find confidence after living ten years with capsulectomy that caused me o hate my body, now approaching forty and feeling more depressed about my results.. may be researching additional surgery. Just want to be happy

Results after mastopexy

take time, especially with the bottom of the vertical scar.  You are not bottoming out and you should be asking your surgeon about what is planned for the bottoms if they do not smooth out to nice round bottoms.  I ROUTINELY am revising the bottoms on mastopexy patients as this is the weak link in the procedure (lollipop lifts).  So if your tops are level, your nipples are level, and volumes near equal, you have a great result.

Post Op Results

Thank you so much for reaching out and posting photos. I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your results, you are still early on in your recovery process, but it is unfortunate that you are already disappointed. I would suggest talking to your surgeon about your concerns, maybe a revision can be done. There are plenty of well qualified, board certified surgeons in your area that could get you the results you are hoping for. Best of luck! Dr. Kachenmeister

Robert M. Kachenmeister, MD

Disappointed 4 weeks after lift and augmentation

Hello and thanks for your questions.  Sorry to hear that you are disappointed with your result!  You are still very early in your recovery and will definitely need to let more time pass to allow your body to fully heal, have the swelling improve and allow the implants to settle into place.  After reviewing your photos, overall it seems that you got quite a nice, symmetric result, with potentially a minimal amount of excess tissue still present that may require revision in the future.  

A lift and augmentation is probably one of the most complex procedures that plastic surgeons perform as counteracting forces are working against each other - 1.  Tightening the skin/tissue by removing stretched excess in order to lift the breast, and 2. Placing an implant that exerts stress on and adds weight to the tissues that we are trying to tighten and lift.  Until quite recently, many plastic surgeons would not ever combine these procedures, and there are still good arguments for staging this procedure by either doing lift first, then augmentation, or the converse in order to not have so many forces at work at the same time and to give a more predictable result.  I always tell my lift and augmentation patients that there is a very high (>50%) likelihood that they will require at least a minor revision at 3-6 months after their procedure in order to maximize their cosmetic result.

My best advice is to have a candid discussion with your plastic surgeon about your result, wait at least a few more months for a more final result, and then potentially pursue a revision if you continue to be dissatisfied.

Best wishes!

Dr. Brown

Daniel Brown, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy

So sorry you are not happy with your results. It is pretty early so I would give it time. I can not tell but it looks like you just had a lollipop lift with no horizontal component to the removal of skin. I favor the wise or anchor patter for lifts with implants as I feel they give much better shape longterm. You can see here that the implant is starting to stress the lower pole and fill out that extra skin that you still have in the lower pole. I would not say you are bottomed out. I also would not say that one can not get a good outcome with a lollipop lift, but you do have to be the right candidate. In your situation it seems you needed additional skin removed that an anchor lift would have provided. The great news is you can let your surgery heal over 3-6 months and if needed can have that other incision added to remove the lower pole skin that you still have. 

Sincerely,

DrRickAZ

Richard J. Brown, MD

1 month post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. 

In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.  In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

The Curse of the 'Lollypop' Lift

You're not bottomed out, but the risk is ever present. Your issue is you have too much skin in the VERTICAL vector causing that unappealing wrinkling appearance under the nipple areolar complex. Lollypop lifts do not adequately address this issue and this is a common outcome, with bottoming out later as the implant slips into the capacious lower pole of the breast. You should heal for at least 6 months and if necessary get revised to a full lift. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Disappointment at 4 Weeks Post-Op

#Breastlift and #implants, any breast operation, can result in changes in sensation of the nipples and around other areas where the procedure took place. Larger implants and more aggressive lift methods may have more of a problem.

Healing after #breastimplant surgery

will go on for 2-3 months for the early period. There may be some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences. Sensation will be abnormal. Scars will be changing.

#Hypertrophic or #keloid scars can be a problem. The worst are usually under the breast with an #AnchorLift or inverted “T”. These can be treated like all thickened scars with re-excision, laser, kenalog/5-FU injections, creams, silicone strips and other methods to reduce and improve healing.

If my patients have concerns that something is unusual about their healing process, it is important for them to call the office and discuss these concerns or come in to be examined.

Implants and lift

Not enough information was given. When was your surgery?  If it was recent you probably need to wait for things to settle. Best of luck.

Breast surgery

Thsnk you for your question.  It is very difficult to comment on your case without seeing preoperative photos. 

Results

Thank you for the photos but preop are needed and an examination so see your surgeon and communicate your concerns

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD