Can a breast augmentation give me my volume back and what size? I am naturally a DD (Photo)

Breast lift vs breast augmentation

First you have to decide if you want more volume. When you wear a bra do your breasts fill the bra and are you satisfied with the volume? If not, then you need an implant. however, your breasts appear droopy and only a lift will help. Discuss all of this with a board certified plastic surgeon who will guide your decision.

DD to DDD

Is it shape or size you are interested in achieving?    Basically, with a lift, you would have the shape afterwards that you now have when you wear a bra.     When you take your bra off, the breasts now droop but would stay the same after a lift.    If you put your bra on now, like the shape but want more volume, only an implant can give you that (you will also need a lift because your nipples are too low).

Can a breast augmentation give me my volume back and what size? I am naturally a DD

Based on your photos alone you appear to need a breast lift with or without an implant depending on what your goals of surgery are. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

?breast implant

Your breasts have enlarged areolae, are not small and mostly lie below the level of the breast crease. Just putting an implant under the muscle will make the implant lie at a different level than most of the breast tissue. A vertical or lollipop mastopexy with a small implant could realign the tissue, give you upper pole fullness and narrow the areolae but if you pick too large an implant the result will be short lived. The optimal implant size would depend on the ability of the skin (after mastopexy) to accommodate the implant used. The size picked should be based on findings at physical examination, surgeon experience and patient input. That cannot be done in this posting format.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

Aaron Stone, MD

Can a breast augmentation make me a DD?

Breast augmentation will increase the size of the breasts and not reshape or uplift the breasts. If you are just looking to increase your size then it will definitely do that. You may want to go to xlbreastimplants.info for more info about XL sizes and availability. 

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Augmentation Mastopexy

You are not a good candidate for breast augmentation without a mastopexy, or breast lift. Augmentation mastopexy will allow you to get back your size that  you had earlier and also get a natural and pleasing breast shape.  Please visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons that specialize in all forms of cosmetic breast surgery, not just implants.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Thank you for your question and photographs.  You appear to be primarily in need of a full uplift to remove much of the excess skin that has developed (often related to pregnancy) while raising your breast and nipple position.  You should then discuss the option of placement of a small to moderate sized implant designed to enhance your projection with your ABPS board-certified plastic surgeon.  Otherwise, the loss of skin elasticity that has developed will allow for your breast to relax to some degree and lose some of its projection and shaping after the surgical procedure.Good luck and best wishes.

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Restoring breast volume

Thank you for your question and the photo.

Your breast volume is good but the breast skin has relaxed and now more of your breast volume exists at and below the breast fold. When you ask to have your volume back, my thought is that you want the volume you have higher and a more youthful appearance to your breast.

This can be accomplished in two ways, both of which will require a breast lift. Volume can be restored to the breast in the form of an implant or as your own fat transferred from a different region of your body such as the love handles, thighs or stomach.

Which vehicle you chose depends on the degree of enhancement you desire and your personal feelings about breast implants.

Generally speaking breast implants are a more reliable way of achieving significant increases in volume whiel fat is used to sculpt and enhance the upper pole.

Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon surgeon to evaluate you and discuss your interests.

Good luck and I hope this was helpful

Robert W. Kessler, MD, FACS
Corona Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

Getting your volume back

I agree with the other opinions that you would benefit from augmentation and lifting. I perform a procedure that adds to to the result of Aug-mastopexy.  I term this Reductive Augmentation in which I remove lower pole breast tissue and replace that loss of volume with breast implant volume.This gives long lasting upper pole fullness and less tendency to bottom out. Best of luck.

Paul E. Chasan, MD
Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

Can implant give volume back?

From your photos, an implant would not be wise in your particular case.  Your nipples are below the inframammary crease, so in my opinion, a breast lift will give you more volume and at the same time, lift your sagging breasts.