When is it appropriate to remove chin implant after revision to minimize scarring? It's now 2 months post revision.

A month after original chin implant i had a revision due to discomfort and shift. 2 weeks post revisio i had same discomfort/pain in the same place as before. After obtaining a ct scn and a secnd opinion i have been told that the implant is not sitting correctly due to assymitry and size of implant. My original surgeon has seen the ct scan and agreed to remove it or give me a custom imlplant. I have decided to remove but would like to know the appropriate time. It is now 2 months post revision.

Timing of chin implant removal after revision

If you have definitely decided to remove your chin implant after the revision you had 2 months ago, this could be done at any time.  There really is no advantage to waiting any longer to have it removed.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

ANY TIME IS GOOD

There is no reason to wait. If you do not like it get it removed. Scar will be same, either way.  Early removal is preferable.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Removal of chin implant

Chin implant can be removed any time using same incision. You should discuss this issue with your surgeon and follow his instructions. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon