Dental crown; any suggestions?

I have unbearable pain on the left side of my throat. It's hard to swallow and my ear is hurting horribly even when i sleep. This pains started Thursday after i got my crown in it is not a week. I went to the doctor and they prescribed me Claritin for upper respiratory infection. I don't know what to do, ibuprofen isn't working anymore.

What to do with pain after dental crown?

If your dental crown was just placed and you have pain radiating to the ears, it is most likely that the nerve is infected, you must visit a specialist dentist ( endodontist) to evaluate the tooth and start possible treatment. Of course if your dentist already have checked the tooth with xray and completed necessary adjustment on your crown, without any success, then see an endodontist.

Usually pain radiating to ears come from lower molars!

Pain with new crown

it sounds like your issue is more than your bite being high.   Your tooth seems to have irreversible pulpitis which means your tooth will probably need a root canal.   Your medication of choice if you have no allergies would be amoxicillin,    It sounds like you have an Accute infection and you should see an Endodontist.    It is not uncommon for a tooth that needed a crown after treatment also needs a Rootcanal.  Your dentist was probably being conservative not suggesting a root canal prior to new crown placement but root canals are common with crowned teeth. 

Richard Sprague, DDS
Beverly Hills Dentist

Ask your dentist to adjust the crown or ... #DrSarahThompson #STL

Ask your dentist to adjust the crown or to adjust the tooth that opposes the crown.  This takes about 5 minutes in the dental chair and doesn't require you to get numb.  Pain following the placement of a crown is most likely due to needing an adjustment.  I hope this helps.  Click "save" under my name in order to ask me direct questions in the future.