Is it normal for the doctor to cut a inch under the breast fold to make the room for the implant? (photos)

The implants are to large. Sit to far on my rib cage are painful still after a year. Is this normal? I wanted smaller the doctor told me that I needed 600cc because of my size. I'm 5'8 165lbs I wonder about down sizing but not sure it's possible considering he changed the size of my breast pocket. Now they ride low and are very painful. I am unable to wear u wire bras to pull them up. It's too painful at the incision and sit on my ribs

Concerned about downsizing

Hello, technically it is possible to downsize to smaller implants.  There are ways to make the pocket smaller, or even insert the implants into a different pocket within the breast.  Your surgeon will be able to discuss the options and the best way to proceed in your case.

I'm happy with breast augmentation results?

It Is difficult to appreciate much from your attached photographs. However, frequently surgeons will attempt to lower a breast crease in a patient who has a high writing increase for a constricted breast. Without a four photograph of the respective areas we cannot tell you more from the information provided. That being said, there may be room for downsizing with hey smaller or lower profile implant. This should be evaluated in person to better assess your current situation.Be sure to find a board certified expert in revision breast surgery before you proceed.
Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Pain after a year

Thank you for the question.     I would advise you to make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon,  an evaluation is the only way for you to get accurate information regarding what options are
available to you.    Best of luck.

Ivor B. Kaplan, MD
Norfolk Plastic Surgeon

POst Op Size Concern

You didn't indicate how soon post op you are. It is normal for incision sites to be sensitive to direct pressure for at least a couple months after surgery. It will likely take up to 6 months for your breasts to soften and settle into the new pocket. You will need to be patient for this process and allow yourself to heal before considering a revision. follow up with your Plastic Surgeon if you have any concerns about healing.

All the best

Still painful

I cannot tell from your photograph where this incision is relative to your infra-mammary crease. If, however, you would like to go smaller you could reef up the bottom portion of the pocket as well as the lateral aspect with a capsulorraphy and revise that scar moving the scar back towards the bottom at the level of the information increase. I would discuss this with your chosen plastic surgeon. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Incisions for breast augmentation.

The incision for an infra-mammary approach to breast augmentation usually lies in the breast fold crease or slightly above. We don't low why your incision is low and perhaps your surgeon has an explanation for you.

Is it normal for the doctor to cut a inch under the breast fold to make the room for the implant?

Thank you for your question and photographs.  I am sorry to hear of all your issues following breast augmentation surgery, and it is best to voice your concerns to your surgeon. Though an incision may be placed lower on the chest when a lowering of the crease is planned, your surgeon can best explain the incision placement as well as make recommendations about your current breast appearance. If unsatisfied, seek a second opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon.  

Painful scar

Your scars look to be excessive and this could be the way you heal.You can go smaller and that may be appropriate and also try some scar creams/gels for your scar.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

You should really ask your doctor. It depends on what implants he used and where he placed the implants which depends what placement he will use and where he will go from and the size. 

Norman M. Rowe, MD

Location of breast incision

Thanks for your question and photos.
I do not know the circumstance or reason why your plastic surgeon placed the scar lower than your crease line.  I always try to place the breast incision/scar at the crease line or just above the crease line.  
If you want to go smaller in implant size, you can have implant exchange; however, your surgeon may have to tighten the implant pocket.
Please consult a board-certified plastic surgeon to learn about your option and to discuss your goal and to see whether your goal can be achieved.
Best regards.