Is constant boob cramping and tightening normal?

I'm only 6 days post op but my breasts feel like bricks most of the time. When I get up walk around or do anything I get like a cramping and I can like feel like boob tightening really hard. It's very uncomfortable. Is this normal?

Breast cramping after augmentation

If your breasts look ok, arent very swollen and/or bruised, then the cramping is probably not anything to worry about. Its important your surgeon examine you to make sure you dont have a fluid collection or hematoma (blood collection). Its not typical to have crampig, in fact most of my patients have little to no pain after their surgery, but it is possible to have unusual sensations in your breasts after surgery. Muscle relaxants may help. Best of luck.

Paul Wigoda, MD

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Cramping muscular pain is common 6 days post submuscular breast augmentation

Submuscular placement of breast implants stretch and distend the pectoralis muscle.  The resulting pressure exerted by the implant on the deep surface of a freshly dissected muscle often precipitates pain and muscular spasm.  Such spasms are made worse with the muscle contractions of physical activity.  Most post operative patients report spontaneous and dramatic improvement in symptoms by the second post operative week.  Thus, I anticipate your symptoms will soon be remarkably improved.

Chen Lee, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure.  Your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment and/or meaningful reassurance. Generally speaking, at your stage of recovery, significant cramping and tightening is most likely normal in most cases. Your plastic surgeon may have advice when it comes to pai medication and/or muscle relaxants. Best wishes for an otherwise speedy recovery and an outcome that you will be pleased with long-term.