Do I need a minor breast lift with augmentation?

I have met with a PS and at first he suggested a fat transfer to my smaller breast to help match it to my larger breast. When I asked my other options he also suggested using a shaped implant in my smaller breast to give more fullness at the bottom and less rounding at the top while using a round in my larger breast. (Both HC silicone). He did mention lifting my nipple a little on my larger side to even them out if I felt it necessary. What would you do in my case? Lift +BA or different implants

Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift(TM)

Your breasts show asymmetrical volume, shape and position. I recommend a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM. Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Through the same incision, implants can be placed. Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant. Small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Results of a Breast Lift with Augmentation

A breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breasts without reducing their size. It is used for #breasts which sag or droop (ptosis). Some patients will have a better shape to their breast such as increased superior fullness if an #implant is used at the time of mastopexy. This is called an #Augmentation/Mastopexy. The surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height.
#FatGrafting is also another option to using #breastimplants and requires a small amount of liposuction to obtain the fat which is the prepared and transferred to the breast.

However, #implants without a #BreastLift can be a regret. Most breasts will look larger and more droopy. They will sag more and sooner because of the excess weight. The shape will usually not be satisfactory. There will sometimes be a “Snoopy” breast or double bubble. If the nipples is in a fairly high position on the breast or “glandular” #ptosis or drooping , an implant may be useful. Your Plastic Surgeon needs to measure you and determine the best shape and size of any implants that are used. Make sure your PS is boarded by the American Board of Plastic Surgeons.

Breast lift needed?

The general rule of thumb is that if the nipples sit below the inframammary fold (the crease under the breast), then a lift is recommended.  However, there are several other anatomic factors of the breast as well as the patient's desires and expectations that further determine whether a lift is performed or not with or without an implant.  In general it is always best to fit the implant with the patients breast anatomic dimensions thus minimizing immediate as well as long term complications.  In a case with your asymmetry, I typically reduce (and lift) the larger side to match the smaller side.  This allows me to use the same size implants in both sides and thus a produces a more symmetric end result.   Glad to help. 

Ryan Stanton, MD

One sided breast lift plus implants was necessary for symmetry

Thank you for your question and photogtaph.Your right breast perfectly normal and pretty.  Your breast on the left side is also very normal and pretty however it is larger and lower than the right side.

If you want symmetrical breasts that look like then you will need a minor breast lift on the left side and bilateral breast augmentation.  If you choose a surgeon who is very experienced you should have a beautiful result.  Please consult the plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, very experienced and breast surgery, and who has an excellent reputation in York community.

I think that if you want better symmetry for the breasts, different sized implants or differential fat grafting amounts along with differing lifts may be appropriate.

I think you need an augmentation mastopexy

HI southernboobies.  What are your goals?  Is your left breast just longer than your right, or is the volume larger also?  I think you would do well with bilateral submuscular breast augmentation, with bilateral periareolar mastopexies (the amount of lift would need to be greater on the left, of course).  From your picture,  I am not sure how fat grafting will improve your nipple asymmetry, but If I examined you, I probably would agree with your plastic surgeon.

Lewis Ladocsi, MD, FACS
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

There are few different options

You have uneven breast shape and size. You did not state your expectations.If you desire more even breast shape and size, I would recommend fat grafting to even out the size(more fat to the right breast) and left breast lift to even out the shape. If you desire much larger breast I would do the lift and fat first and implants or fat grafting 3 months later.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon