Ready for my pre baby bod? (Photos)

I'm 5'7", 195lbs, I lost 115 lbs after having my kids. I have 5 children, all via c-section, last 2 were twins. I'm going to pursue a tummy tuck, I'm just wondering if I'm close to being a good candidate. My weight hasn't changed in 4 years and I'm happy with it. I'm also looking at a mastopexy with submuscular implants. I don't really want to do any lipo... will I still have a good result? Thanks!

TT

Thank you for your question. Based on the picture you are a good candidate for full TT. Please consult with a board certified PS for evaluation.

TT

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Lipo with tummy tuck

Thank you for reaching and posting photos. You definitely seem to be a great candidate for a full tummy tuck. Liposuction with a tummy tuck is usually standard, this will help the surgeon contour the body! Be sure to visit a few experienced board certified surgeons and ask plenty of questions about the procedure with and without liposuction! Best of luck. Dr. Kim

Daniel B. Kim, MD

Lipo with tummy tuck

Daniel B. Kim, MD

Tummy tuck and breast lift with implants

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction.  This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  The belly button can be designed to look natural and have no scars on the exterior.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  A breast lift  with implants can be performed at the same time for improved shape and contour of your breasts. Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

You will love it!

Just looking at your picture I think you will have a fantastic result from an abdominoplasty ! I doubt you will need any Liposuction and I think you will do very well. Be sure to talk to a Board  certified  plastic surgeon in your area. Best of luck!

You will love it!

Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck. The abdominal skin excision could give you an excellent contour as well as muscle repair to improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Liposuction could be performed to improve the contour of your flanks and hips at the time of tummy tuck surgery. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Mommy Makeover

Sbs87.   Mommy Makeover Surgery is a great way to recover your pre pregnancy body, and carries a high level of patient satisfaction. I tailor each Mommy Makeover procedure to my patients' particular needs. Most include Tummytuck, with or without liposuction to flank and thigh regions and breast lift, with or without implants.  I cant advise best option for your breasts without photos. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good Luck!

Mommy Makeover

Great candidate for a tummy tuck!

A Tummy Tuck consists of 3 basic steps:

1. Skin removal
  2. Fat removal
  3. Repair of muscles

It should only be performed in patients; after all child bearing is finished, their weight is stable, non-smoker and in good health.  It can be performed as an outpatient, an extended recovery, 2-3 weeks is typical, similar to a C-Section recovery.

Based on the photographs you would be an excellent candidate for an extended tummy tuck.

Good Luck!

Great candidate for a tummy tuck!

A Tummy Tuck consists of 3 basic steps:

1. Skin removal
  2. Fat removal
  3. Repair of muscles

Good Luck!

Tummy tuck/liposuction

Based on your pictures you are a great candidate for a full tummy tuck with muscle tightening and liposuction of your sides for a nice contour, consult with a board certified PS.

good luck!

Tummy tuck/liposuction

good luck!

Great Candidate

Yes are you are a good candidate for both procedures. The fact that you have maintained an ideal weight for four years is wonderful.  As a plastic surgeon I prefer patients to be completed with having children and at a stable maintainable weight! You are there!  A tummy tuck is the correct procedure for your abdomen.  There are three elements that make the contour of your abdomen--skin, fat,  and muscle.  The tummy tuck addresses all three to give you a contoured flat stomach.  Liposuction only addresses the fat layer, so most women who look like your pictures are disappointed with the results of liposuction and very pleased with a tummy tuck.

As far as a mastopexy with submuscular augmentation I normally separate these two procedures due to risks of skin breakdown and asymmetries.  I prefer to do the lift first then at 8-12 weeks later do the breast augmentation.

These three procedures are my favorite!  Some advise is research your doctor and choose a doctor who is a board certified plastic surgeon and who you feel you can communicate with well!

Best of Luck

Edward J. Love, MD

Edward Love, MD
Little Rock Plastic Surgeon

Great Candidate

Best of Luck

Edward J. Love, MD

Edward Love, MD
Little Rock Plastic Surgeon

Ready for my pre baby bod? (Photos)

Based on the photos and other information that you provided, you would be an ideal candidate for an abdominoplasty. The underlying muscles would be sewn back together and the excess skin and attached fat would be removed. Basically you trade a low curved incision for a smoother, flatter, tighter tummy!!!  This procedure can be done using progressive tension sutures to close the abdominal flap to the usderlying musculature. This makes the placement of drains unnecessary and your recovery more comfortable! 

Linda Swanson, MD

Ready for my pre baby bod? (Photos)

Linda Swanson, MD