Is EVLT safe if you have stage one av block?

I am wondering if EVLT is safe if I have stage one AV heart block.

1st degree heart block is not a contraindication for EVLT

As a cardiac surgeon, I can tell you that it is safe. 

Hopefully, the procedure is being done by a board certified physician.

Best

Hratch L Karamanoukian MD FACS

Certified Vein Specialist

Buffalo General Surgeon

EVLT in Los Angeles

I perform vein procedures, including EVLT on patients with heart disease. I would suggest clearance from your cardiologist for the procedure. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles Vein Expert

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Laser with AV block

Yes it is safe to have laser procedures with AV block. The laser procedure would be localized to the leg.If you have any implanted devices i.e. an ICD device or anything else then you need to discuss with your physician.   This is especially important if you have a defibrillator as it cannot be used with radio frequency but can be used with laser

Susan Fox, DO
Hollywood Phlebologist

EVLT and AV block

EVLT is safe with 1st degree AV block.  The energy delivered to the vein wall is localized and does not affect the electrical activity of the heart.

Lisa Perez, MD
Atlanta Physician

EVLT and 1st degree AV block

There is no contraindication to  a vein closure with first degree AV block.  The closure procedure is usually done in the office under local anesthesia.

John Landi, MD
Naples General Surgeon

Cardiac AV block

There is no contraindication to having EVLT if one has first degree AV block. Your treating physician should be aware of your medical history prior to any treatments. 

Ivan Brooks, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

EVLT

What a terrific question!  EVLT, or endovenous laser therapy, uses a laser to close a problem vein, most commonly one of the saphenous veins in the leg.  A laser produces energy (heat) from light waves.  During EVLT, the energy produced is absorbed by the vein wall and any blood remaining in the vein, causing a very localized thermal injury or burn.  This is similar to burning your hand on a hot stove - only the part the touches the stove is affected.  So, the answer is, yes, EVLT is safe if you have stage one AV block.  Be sure your care provider knows your entire medical history, including medications, etc.

Suzan McGary, MD
Williamsport Thoracic Surgeon