Follow-up Question: 6 weeks after liposuction and no results!

***My surgeon took 150 ccs from my lateral thighs (on each side) and 400 ccs on my hips (on each side). I am skeptical this isn't enough?

Was enough fat removed after liposuction to see a difference?

Well, "before" photos would be most helpful to determine if 400cc in hips and 150cc in lateral thighs will make a difference. It really depends on the size and amount of fat in these areas prior to liposuction. Please post before and after photos.

Best of Luck!

Windell Davis Boutte, MD

Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

If you are looking for the ultimate type of contour I suggest a VASER hi def contouring procedure.  Please post before and after photos.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction - no visible results of small liposution after 6 weeks

Thank you for your question about your liposuction.

• results from liposuction take time to appear -
  • It is not possible to say if your surgeon took enough fat or not.
  • It depends entirely on how much fat needed to be removed.
  • I suggest you return to your surgeon for a 6 week visit and to compare your before/after photos.
  • And wait 6 full months for your final result to appear.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction amounts less than 400cc's, is that enough?

Hi Littlesexy,

Thanks for your question. It is hard to say if that was enough without pre operative photos or post operative photos. Unless your body frame is or was extremely small, that amounts seems extremely small. Most results can be seen the next day after surgery and then due to swelling take swell weeks or months before the results is more definitive. 

Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS
@liposuction @nodifference @docmata #drcarlosmata