6 weeks after Liposuction - not seeing results!?

I had liposuction on my lateral thighs and hips about 6 weeks ago. I am 5'2 and 115 pounds, so not alot was removed. I am not seeing the results I want and am still wearing my compression garment. I wanted my "saddle bags" gone and my hips flat. I read most swelling is gone after 4 weeks, and that should give me a good idea of the overall final result. So far, I am trying to be patient but am frustrated. My surgeon told me 6-12 months we will have a better idea. Please help with advice!!!!!!

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Post Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Velashape or Venus Legacy With Your Compression

It takes weeks to see the results of liposuction and swelling can last for months. Massage, RF treatments, Venus Legacy and hyperbaric oxygen will drastically reduce swelling. Continue to follow your physicians post-op protocol. Best, Dr. Emer

Liposuction - no results at 6 weeks

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

Since you are thin  and not much was removed, it may take you longer to see results.
Frustrating at it is, you have to wait a full 6 - 12 months to see if the results are satisfactory.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction recovery

Liposuction removes fat from the subcutaneous tissue and requires compression for up to 6 weeks to allow for reduction in swelling and for the deeper scarring necessary to maximize skin contraction.

Swelling after liposuction

Liposuction can take a good 3-6 months for the swelling to start settling down. Up to 12 to really see results. You need to try and be patient and let it settle down. Continue wearing your compression garment that can help also. You will start to see results but just need a little bit longer.