How long after Anchor Breast Lift can I guarantee I'll not widen my scars with movement or pulling?

I had a scar revision around my areola and vertical scar, I was told that scars can become hiperthrophic or widened if they are still red with sudden movement or pulling so I couldn't run for almost a full year until they matured , that seems to me a bit extreme but I don't want to ruin my scars so I would like more opinions about the time of care you have to give to the scars

Lipo-lift

I appreciate your question.

I perform a liposuction breast lift that removes tissue from the areas you don't want such as near the armpit and the lower portion hanging near your stomach. Once I use this to shape the breast I then remove the skin to tighten the breast and create a better shape with nice cleavage. Since I perform this less invasively the recovery time is faster. The size would depend on the proportion with your body versus going for a cup size.

It takes 6 weeks to heal and I wait 12 months before any scar revision.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Allowed Movement or Pulling after Breast Lift

The patient will go home in a bra or with only light dressings over the incision lines. Sutures are dissolvable but an ending knot, if present is removed within 1-2 weeks. Initial discomfort is easily controlled with oral medication. Light activities may be started in 7-10 days. If you want to make sure that returning to full activity is okay, it would be best to check directly with your surgeon.

#Hypertrophic or #keloid scars can be a problem. The worst are usually under the breast with an #AnchorLift or inverted “T”. These can be treated like all thickened scars with re-excision, laser, kenalog/5-FU injections, creams, silicone strips and other methods to reduce and improve healing.

Activities

Most women can resume full activities, except tanning, by six weeks. I would suggest a good supporting bra while running. I would suggest using scar products for the first 3 to 6 months to help minimize the scarring.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

The are no guarantees but scars typically mature in 1 to 2 years. With good bra support, running should be OK. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Breast lift and a more proactive scar treatment approach

The general rule of thumb is to avoid rigorous activities for three weeks to avoid bleeding, avoid sun exposure 6-12 months to prevent hyperpigmentation in which the scar permanently darkens, and stay away from infection sources during the initial healing stage (about 2-3 weeks). 

I often recommend a proactive scar treatment approach.  Silicone sheets, silicone gel, and other similar modalities (e.g., scar massage, lasers, etc.), depending on the patient's specific concerns. 

Silicone sheets are particularly ideal because their pressure prevent scar tissue from forming within the dermis.  Another bonus is that they keep the skin well hydrated, further contributing to favorable scars.

Ask your PS about the best options for you. 

Feel free to visit the attached link for photo reference.  You will notice that the patients have fine, faded scars after 6-12 months.

Good luck and best wishes.