Is my lip still swollen from Restylane injections or was I poorly injected? (Photo)

I went to a spa to try Restylane exactly 10 days ago. I normally get one and a half syringes of juvederm in my top lip by a plastic surgeon but wanted to try Restylane which doc does not offer. I got only one syringe at local spa by a nurse. It looked like this upon injection but she swore it was just due to swelling. I no longer feel bruised and they have shrunk a bit. At day 10 I'm worried this is my final result. It looks very uneven and lumpy.

Effects of Restylane can be reversed

It does appear that too much filler has been injected to your lip.  I would recommend treatment with hyaluronidase to dissolve the extra Restylane.  This will improve the appearance of your upper lip.

Columbus Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip Swelling After Fillers Such as Juvederm or Restylane -- Reverse With Hyaluronidase

I suggest reversing this, it is likely there is still some swelling and some improper placement.  I suggest seeing an expert who is a filler specialist, a dermatologist or plastic surgeon.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Restylane and Lip Injections

Restylane and Juvederm are very similar.  You really should not be this swollen 10 days after your injections.  I would consult a board certified dermatologist to dissolve the product.  Best, Dr. Green

Lumpy lip injection

You should not still be swollen this long after injection and you should go back to your plastic surgeon. a spa is no place for a medical procedure and your physician can injhect hyaluronidase to remove the lumps and then wait 10 days and inject if you wish.  there is very little difference between RESTYLANE AND JUVEDERM--actually Restylane is not as concentrated as Juvederm

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist