Will Botox fix my asymmetrical eyebrow? (Photo)

In the picture my one eyebrow has a drop in the front, cause one eye to be hooded and one not. It bothers me a lot. Could Botox fix this? If not what are my options. I am not wearing any make up so I could emphesize how bad it actually can be.

You could be a good candidate for BOTOX®.

Because BOTOX® works by preventing muscle contractions in the treated areas, it could help to even out the symmetry of your eyebrows. It’s worth noting, though, that BOTOX® is a temporary treatment, so you can expect to gradually see your eyebrows return to their natural position within a few months after treatment. That said, many men and women do make BOTOX® injections part of their routines, as a typical BOTOX® treatment session only takes around 20 minutes. If this sounds like something you might be interested in, schedule a consultation with an experienced professional who will be able to give you a more personalized assessment.

New York General Surgeon

Asymmetry

It is very common to have facial asymmetry and a difference in muscle movement on each side of the face. If this is something that bothers you, it may be helpful to discuss subtle options for injectable treatment, (Botox or Dysport for example.) with a skilled injector, and then decide if that's the right option for you.

All the best.

Botox for improving asymmetrical eyebrows

Botox can be used effectively for changing the position or arch of the eyebrow or a part of the eyebrow. Another option is injection of a filler to lift the inner left eyebrow. Sometimes, the ideal treatment is a combination of the two. I would recommend a consultation with an experienced Botox injector. Asymmetry due to asymmetric muscle anatomy may or may  not be correctable with Botox. You need a consultation with and experienced board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to determine if that may play a role. Shaping of the eyebrow by plucking or using an eyebrow pencil may help the overall appearance as well. 

Renuka Diwan, MD
Cleveland Dermatologic Surgeon

Will Botox fix my asymmetrical eyebrow?

Thank you for your question. Botox can help fix asymmetrical eyebrows and can provide your eyebrow with a lift if done correctly. I would recommend visiting an expert for an in-person consultation. In-person assessments are always best. 

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Botox and asymmetry on eyebrows NYC

Botox can often be used to correct asymmetry in the eyebrow area.  This is an advanced Botox technique so please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Asymmetric eyebrows treated with Botox?

Botox may be very helpful to you but you cannot expect perfect symmetry for multiple reasons. Meet with an experienced injector preferably board-certified in plastic surgery or dermatology, discuss the option of raising one side or lowering the other. Sometimes a combination of both proves most helpful. Regards.

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Plastic Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Botox

Botox can help improve the asymmetry of your eyebrows. 3 main muscles help to determine the location of your eyebrows. 

The muscle that elevates your eyebrow is called the frontalis muscle. It produces the horizontal wrinkles. When you Botox this muscle your forehead has less wrinkles but your eyebrow drops. 

The corrugators muscles are located towards the mid line over the inner aspects of your eyebrows. This produces the vertical lines between your eyebrows. When you Botox this muscle not only do the vertical creases fade away but this helps to elevate the inner aspects of your eyebrows. 

The depressor portion of the orbicularis occuli muscle pulls down the outer portion of the eyebrow. Botoxing this muscle will elevate the outer portion of the eyebrow. 

In in summery you can change the position of the eyebrows by botoxing these various muscles. 

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

Botox for fixing asymmetry

An expert injector could treat the left side to make it more like the right side.  I think a beginning botox injector could mess this up, but yes botox could help.  It is only a temporary (result 3-4 months) but low in risk to try out.

Marla M. Klein, MD
Lake Oswego Dermatologic Surgeon

Asymmetrical eyebrows

Botox can help to even this up but be sure you see a board certified dermatologist or plastic sugeon

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Will Botox fix my asymmetrical eyebrow?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photograph.  Botox can be used to obtain a gentle lift of the outer portion of the eyebrow which may help correct your brow position and possibly any hooding of the upper eyelid skin.  See a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation.  They are your best option for evaluation and treatment recommendation.