What type of rhinoplasty do you recommend for this nose on me? (Photo)

I really would love for my nose to look more feminine and have a nice shape and not just a big hunk of skin. Could this be accomplished by my bulbous tip being defatted to cut down surgery cost and less discomfort?

What type of rhinoplasty do you recommend for this nose on me?

How the Rhinoplasty operation is performed?

There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

In the operation that needs the bone and cartilage tissues to be involved; open approach is used. In the procedures with open approach, the size, shape and functionality of the nose can be improved. The big nasal bumps can be removed and septal deviations can be corrected providing a better nasal airway.

Why should I get a Rhinoplasty operation?

If you are unhappy with the look of your nose, you think that you would be much happier after a rhinoplasty operation; if you had an accident and the shape of your nose got worsened after this accident; then you can be a good candidate for rhinoplasty operation. It is a well-known fact that individuals with feeling themselves beautiful have higher self-esteem. Therefore; if the look or functionality of your nose bothers you, you can get benefit from a rhinoplasty operation.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

rhinoplasty for wide nose

A rhinoplasty procedure can address narrowing the wide nose. Osteotomies of the nasal bones accomplish narrowing them. A tip rhinoplasty can accomplish narrowing the tip. An alar-plasty is required to narrow wide nostrils. For many examples and more information, please see the link and the video below

rhinoplasty for wide nose

Rhinoplasty for More Feminine Nose

In patients with thick skin and weak cartilages the bulbous tip can be narrowed and projected, the bridge augment to increase definition, and the width of the base of the nose reduced. The thicness of the skin can be reduced during surgery but this alone will not provide the desired result.

Rhinoplasty for More Feminine Nose

Ethnic rhinoplasty

Skin thickness and weak cartilage add to the challenge in achieving a more well defined nose in some patients. Dorsal onlay grafts and tip projecting grafts, possibly with alar base excision to narrow the width of the nostril can help give you definition to the nasal elements that you say that you desire.  I would not recommend defatting the tip and be very careful in selecting a surgeon that can cut down the surgical cost.  Ask to see the photos of your Board Certified plastic surgeon that demonstrate his or her results in ethnic rhinoplasties. in evaluating the photos, stucy both the frontal view that you have, but also look at his or her profile view, head tilted back view, and oblique views. (Also notice that in your first view the camera was closer to your face than in the 2nd one, and the first view gives the impression of a nasal tip that is bigger than the second one., yet your nose is unchanged. perspective of the photos is best seen when the camera is further away and then zoomed in to fill the frame with the face for the most realistic view.)

Good luck.  A full rhinoplasty with harvesting of cartilage grafts from the septum may give you the refinement you wish,

Ethnic rhinoplasty

Do not try to cut corners in rhinoplasty

I would caution you not to try to cut corners with rhinoplasty. Nose job surgery in the setting of thick skin and weak cartilages is a challenging operation and usually requires cartilage grafts to achieve that extra nasal tip refinement. Thinning out the skin will not help by itself.  You should seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Natural changes for African American nose

If I understand your question, you are asking if defatting the nasal tip skin is recommended to cut costs and discomfort,  be very careful.  There is a place for "defatting" as part of the operation to reshape the nose.  Whiel I understand that plastic surgery is an investment in you and your appearance, if you try to cut corners you could land up saving but be unhappy with your appearance.  Better to do nothing than to try and cut corners.

African-American rhinoplasty for a more feminine and attractive nose.

African-American rhinoplasty for a more feminine and attractive nose. Yes your bridge and nostrils can be narrowed as well as increasing tip projection while removing excess soft tissue between the skin and the cartilage. This will thin the skin and make for a more attractive nose when combined with cartilage granting . See a  very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural looking noses for the best results.

What type of rhinoplasty do you recommend

I agree that you nose can be better but the discussion should be done after a thorough exam and computer simulation of your desired results. There are limitations with what can be done and you need to know what your nose and realistically look like. See a board certified plastic surgeon for  reliable advice. Good luck. 

Rhinoplasty

What you want done is completely up to you.Rhinoplasty which typically starts at $5,500 depending on the area you live. To make sure you get the best possible result, the surgeon should perform a detailed exam of the nose and provide a realistic goal that you and your surgeon agree upon. Rhinoplasty are permanent, but with age facial features do change. Find a surgeon and go for a consult.

Rhinoplasty

Rhinoplasty for feminization and a softer appearance

Thank you for posting your photos.  You could benefit from a rhinoplasty procedure to help your nose appear more feminine.  A profile photo would be helpful to determine what changes are possible to your nose.  From the photos you posted, you may require thinning of your skin, placement of a tip graft, and some narrowing of your nostrils to give you a more feminine shape without making you look completely different.  I emphasize that these changes are often subtle.  3D photography may be helpful so that you and your surgeon can communicate your desires and you can determine if the potential results are "worth it" for you to undergo a rhinoplasty procedure.   

Kian Karimi, MD, FACS

Kian Karimi, MD, FACS