Is there anything more I could be doing to help with muscle spasms after Breast Augmentation?

3 Weeks ago I had a Breast Augmentation under the muscle with 450 cc silicone implants. I'm taking 10mg of Flexeril every 8hrs. The tightness in my chest is beginning to effect my ability to do anything outside of laying in a fetal position.

Muscle spasm after BA

Thank you for your question. Even though muscle spasms are common after breast aug, not this extent at this stage. I recommend to see your physician for evaluation at this point.

Breast augmentation and chest pain

I agree with the answers below. You should contact your plastic surgeon for an in person evaluation as you shouldn't be this uncomfortable at this point in your recovery. Good luck!

Asaf Yalif, MD
Roswell Plastic Surgeon

3 Weeks Post Op Muscle Concern

I'm sorry to hear about your discomfort. At this point after BA surgery most patients feel quite functional and only a little sore. I recommend that you meet with your Plastic Surgeon for assessment.
All the best

Muscle spasms

in my opinion one of the many problems with implants under the muscle is prolonged muscle spasms that a large percentage of people have. The length of time that people need to be treated with muscle relaxants varies. Be patient and see your board certified plastic surgeon.

Leon Goldstein, MD
Madison Plastic Surgeon

I would suggest calling your surgeon and asked to be seen. At three weeks, you should not be in so much pain that you can only lay in a fetal position.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon