I had inner/outer leg lipo 13 days ago. My feet/ankles are swollen & bruised, & Achilles are very tight. Should I worry? (Photo)

Walking is very painful Achilles' tendons feel like they are going to snap. My toes are very bruised as well.

Bruising After VASER Liposuction

I suggest speaking to your physician.  Bruising is common and can migrate down from the inner thighs.  Compression, hyperbaric oxygen and massage can help at this time.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Lower leg bruising and swelling. what to do

I am sorry that you are having issues about your procedure and thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

bruising on areas lower to the area of work is not uncommon. however, significant tenderness and tension to the tissues may be of concern. 

Finally, make sure that your doctor is aware of your process. He should be able to guide you best in your care.

Wishing you the best in your journey

Lower leg liposuction - severe swelling, bruising, hard to walk

Thank you for asking about your leg liposuction.

• I am so sorry you are having a hard time.
  • If this is from liposuction of the lower leg, it is not expected.
  • If it is liposuction of the upper leg, it is unusual.
  • In either case, please contact your surgeon, explain the pain and arrange to be seen - 
  • And get instructions on what to do in the meantime.
  • Compression stockings are essential for lower leg liposuction - please be sure to wear then.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Swelling

Hello dear, thanks for your post. Swelling on the legs and ankles and calves after liposuction is significant and prolonged. compression garments should be measured. Leg elevation helps periodically. the swelling you notice is temporary but make sure you follow up with your surgeon. Good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

I had inner/outer leg lipo 13 days ago. My feet/ankles are swollen & bruised, & Achilles are very tight. Should I worry?

Most likely normal swelling following a gravity effect. But if you are posting here than better to see your chosen surgeon in a follow up appointment!

Swollen ankles

This is not unusual and I assume you have been walking and are not bed ridden because you always worry about clots in your lower legs.Heat and massage will help with the bruising and compressive stockings.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

I had inner/outer leg lipo 13 days ago. My feet/ankles are swollen & bruised, & Achilles are very tight.

Thank you for your question.  Though some dependent swelling is common after liposuction, best to check that your surgical garment is not so tight as to constrict the blood flow back up your leg.  If too tight around your thighs, it will act as a tourniquet and cause your lower legs to swell.  Your surgeon should be able to assist you with this.  He should also ensure that there is not significant concern for a blood clot development causing these symptoms, especially if one side is more affected than the other. 

Swelling of the lower legs after liposuction.

The picture and description probably add up to somewhat predictable swelling of the area. Nevertheless there is the possibility of some obstruction to venous return in this should be checked by your surgeon.