I want big implants but I haven't had any luck. (Photo)

I have gone to 4 consultations in the twin cities. I've been told I have stage 2 ptosis. I had one Dr say he can do 500cc implants with no lift, no higher than 500.I've had 2 Drs say I need a lollipop lift but no higher 600. And another Dr say he could do a donut lift but no bigger than 500. I really want bigger boobs and I don't understand why no one will go bigger?Also, is there any way to get 700+ cc implants and no lift? I like the more natural bigger look rather than perky and fake looking.

Wants very large breasts

Thank you for asking about your breast implants.

• The problem with having implants without a lift is that the implant is unlikely to sit behind the breasts -
  • It will sit higher on the chest and not achieve your wish look.
  • The problem with a lift is that you cannot safely have large implants at the same time.
  • Would you consider having your surgeon first do a breast lift - and then in 3 months place implants as large as your chest will accept?
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Large Breast Aug questions

You could have 700 to 800 cc silicone gel implants. You would have volume enhancement but may not have a "perky appearance". You could always see how your results end up and know that in the future that you could have a lift procedure. Good luck! 

Gaurav Bharti, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants

Thank you for your question and photos.  To achieve a result similar to your wish pictures, I do not think that you will need a breast lift.  Instead, a breast augmentation will suffice to increase the size of your breasts.  However, please keep in mind that implants alone will NOT lift the breasts and implants that are too large will cause your breasts to sag even further.  I recommend that you consider a more modest sized implant to add some fullness to your breasts.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Sizing breast implants for ptotic breasts

Breast implants are pillows of volume set behind the base of the breast. If the breast is too low relative to the base (as measured by the position of the nipple-areola relative to the inframammary crease), then the implant cannot be positioned properly relative to the low breast. It is also a myth that breast implants will lift the breast. This is an illusion created by filling out the lower pole and filling in the upper pole if the nipple-areola is not too low relative to the inframammary crease. 
In your case a true breast lift is required before an implant can be considered. The pocket created for the implant and the size of the implant work against successful healing and control of the lift because two operations are being done on the same structure at the same time and they work against each other. 
Implants are also properly sized by making sure the diameter of the (round) implant is within the internal width of the breast. The forward size of the implant is chosen by the choice of profile with the higher profiles again working against the blood supply, healing, and incisions of the lift. 
I would recommend Dr. Morgan's advice and have a properly done lift procedure first and then at least three months later after successful healing and settling, having an implant properly sized and positioned rather than choosing a number of cc's and working backwards which is like choosing a dress or shoe size and forcing it to fit and look right. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Boulder Plastic Surgeon

Surgery

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. I recommend you to research for implant sizes, you can get a lift with silicone soft cohesive implants between 450 cc's that it will be great for you as a big implant, because you already have breast tissue as I can see on your picture.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

In cases like yours where the patient desires the largest implant available (in 800 cc range) without lifting. I offer this but with a signed consent from the patient that she will or might need a full lift as a secondary operation... 

Large implants

You can certainly try the large implants and see if you like how they look. If not, you could schedule a breast lift later. Keep in mind, though, that the big implants will cause your breasts to sag more. Gravity. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Large breasts

I do think you could have a breast augmentation with large implants, probably 700 cc or larger, without a lift.  This will make the breasts that you have larger and will give a similar appearance and  shape.  If you want your breasts to be higher or less saggy, you will need a mastopexy.  If you do not have a mastopexy now, you'll probably need one in the future, especially if you have a very large augmentation.

Jeffrey D. Wagner, MD

Large Breast Implants

Hi and thanks for the question and photos. Breast implant sizing involves using taking measurements of your chest and selecting an implant that is specific to your body. The larger the implant the more potential problems that can result. With that being said, it is totally reasonable to have a larger implant that is in the range that you like 700-800 if it fits your body. Best of Luck...

James E. Hardy, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Implant sizes are limited by individual anatomy

I have added a link that might be helpful...

Hi jasper1212.  Thank you for sharing your photos. If you place large implants above the muscle and behind breast tissue, you will sag even more. If you put implants under the muscle, the sagging breast will be lower than the center of the breast. You can achieve a natural look with a lollipop lift to reshape your breasts and a large implant, especially if it's teardrop shaped. Your measurements dictate the size of implant that should be used to avoid the undesirable consequences of implants that are too large (i.e. Stretch marks, bottoming out, worsening of sagging, etc). Choose the ABPS certified plastic surgeon you have the best communication with and have a candid discussion. Good luck!