Expectations for tattoo removal- large, dense, covered up lower back tattoo. (photo)

I have a large lower back tattoo that was a smaller colorful flower (pink, green, orange). It had 2 laser removal treatments 10 years ago and then a cover up. Now purple, green and black. Dark/dense. I dislike it intensely and would like it removed. I am prepared for the expense & wonder what reasonable expectations are for the clearing. I see many reasonable result pictures after 2-8 pico treatments-would they be better after more? In the next few years should I expect even better technology?

Tattoo removal

Your best option is the Picosure laser. This will  remove your tattoo in usually 6-8 treatments. Since it is a cover-up it will take a few more treatment will probably be needed. The Picosure works well with a varity of ink colors. Find a doctor with a Picosure laser.

Chattanooga Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pico second laser for tattoo removal

With a larger, denser tattoo, it is better to go with the more advanced picosecond lasers. Based on the image, anywhere between 6-10 sessions is likely. Good luck!