Downsizing Implants. What to ask? (photos)

In May I had a lift w/375 high profile silicone implants. After 3 kids & losing 100 lbs my breast although a 34 dd where saggy & rolled up to fill out the bra. I'm now a 34 ddd/f. I love the shape but can't deal with the size. Too big on my 5'2" frame at 140 lbs. My chest wall measures 31.5" and breast at 38". Ideally I'd like to be a 34 d/dd. I understand pin pointing exact size is difficult. But what questions should I ask my board certified surgeon? Considering going to 325 cc after consult.

Downsizing Implants

I would make sure to ask the surgeon if he is going to do a capsulorraphy to tighten up the pocket where the new smaller implant will be placed. Otherwise you could have too much lateral drift that would create an indent on the inner portion of your breast next to the breastbone. 

Implant downsizing

50 cc difference is not huge so it is hard to say what exactly you are looking for. A thorough exam in person and review of your goals is key.

Downsizing Implants. What to ask?

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation surgery. Yes, you should be able to undergo downsizing of breast implants. Keep in mind as you are thinking about your goals that sometimes adjustment of the breast implant pockets (capsule adjustments) may be necessary to achieve the outcome you are looking for.   Whether or not the adjustment of the breast implant capsules (capsulorraphy) and/or additional breast lifting will be necessary will mainly be dependent on your physical examination and how much you choose to downsize; specifically, factors such as the amount of redundant skin and quality of skin elasticity will be important.     

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary (downsizing) breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. ***Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "down a cup size” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. 

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your chosen plastic surgeon to work with you in determining the best plan to achieve your goals.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to revisionary, specifically downsizing, breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.  

Downsizing

Thank you for your question and providing photos. Based on the photo provided it appears that you have a nice result from your surgery. I would ask your PS if changing to a smaller implant would lead to anymore sagging of your breasts as there will be less volume. Best of luck