My veneers turned out to be crowns and puffed gums?

2 months ago I had, what I thought to be veneers, installed. I found out that those are not veneers but crowns from my general dentist, who told me that veneers don't cover teeth on the lingual side. My cosmetic dentist would always call them veneers and during the first consultation we talked about the difference in teeth trimming, which is why I went with veneers. I'd be happy to get opinions about what I can do in this case. My gums are still puffed but less and I wonder if it's normal.

Puffy gums and dental crowns #DrSoftTouch

Many things need to be taken into consideration when determining if crowns or veneers are the best option. Both can give beautiful esthetic results, and it sounds like in your case, crowns were the best option. Regardless of whether you have veneers or crowns, your gums should not be puffy. I would recommend returning to the dentist that placed your crowns for an evaluation. I hope this helps! Click "save" under my name, if you'd like to ask me more questions in the future.

Crowns and Gums

Whether you have crowns or veneers, your gums should not be puffy. There are a number of reasons for your gums to be puffy, but at this point the most important thing is the fit of your crowns at the gumline areas. That can be assessed by your general dentist. Depending on his/her findings, you can speak to your "cosmetic dentist" and discuss the state of your gums with him/her.