Ultra and Vela shape?

I am 5'3 122 lbs. I tried ultra shape I was the perfect candidate. All I wanted done was to get rid of a small pouch area in the stomach area. They did seven treatments and I still have the small pooch. They have stopped returning my phone calls and e-mails to discuss why this has not worked. Needless to say I am very unhappy with this Dr. My question to you is why would this procedure not work on me. Also if it would have worked would it have been a permanent reduction? Would liposuction work?

Cellfina treatment

Your cellulite problem is a common one. Fortunately, finally there are effective ways to minimize this problem. Perhaps the least invasive one is  Cellfina™. Cellfina is the only FDA-cleared minimally invasive, one-time procedure clinically proven to improve the appearance of cellulite for at least two years—the longest FDA-cleared duration for a cellulite treatment. A straightforward solution to cellulite, Cellfina™, combines a proven approach with innovative, proprietary technology, to produce precise, long-lasting results and has a high satisfaction rating on RealSelf. Together with Velashape 3, a non invasive procedure to help "shrink wrap the skin" and further minimize cellulite as a combination treatment is perhaps your best chance for taking care of this tough problem. Cellulaze is also a possible treatment but much more invasive

UltraShape vs VelaShape

That is a very frustrating situation.I am not certain why the Ultrashape treatments were not effective for you.Ultrashape does provide long lasting results, so I am sorry you have not experienced a change after 7 treatments.There are other options out there like CoolSculpting or liposuction.I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to get all your options.Best of luck.

Reps B. Sundin, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Ultrashape Vs. Velashape

Thanks for your question.I am sorry for your current situation.I am not quite sure why you did not respond the Ultrashape treatments.After seven treatments, you should be able to see some results.Some other options that may be of help would be CoolSculpting or potentially liposuction if you desire a more dramatic result.I hope this helps.

Burton M. Sundin, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

UltraShape Results

UltraShape uses nonthermal focused ultrasound to selectively destroy fat.  It is important to confirm that an abdominal "pooch" is excess fat and is not from a weakened abdominal wall.   A weakened abdominal wall will be improved with an abdominoplasty procedure and not with UltraShape.

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

UltraShape and VelaShape

I utilize both technologies to optimize the results especially if you have both protruding abdominal fat and lax skin.Some patients have excellent results and others have average results.I cannot always predict who will respond to treatment the most favorable way. I agree with other reviewers that it is important to maintain a steady diet(not a fad diet) and exercise routine. Sometimes the internal body fat ,which is not accessible to UltraShape ultrasonic energy,is the underlying reason that the abdominal girth is not reduced. Patient selection is therefore very important. 

Joel E. Kopelman, MD, FACS
Ridgewood Oculoplastic Surgeon

Ultrashape results

It is unfortunate that Ultrashape did not work for you and unprofessional for the office not to return your calls or to provide you alternative treatment options.

I recommend that you look into liposonix or to have liposuction. 

Dr Karamanoukian

Ultrashape / Coolsculpting VERSUS HI Definiton Liposuction

Some people have more fibrous fat and I find that is true in athletic skinny/slim people.  You may need a different non invasive option such as coolsculpting, sculpsure, liposonix or just a hi definition liposuction procedure which I do often in my very athletic patients. I am sorry this Dr. isnt returning your calls. Best, Dr. Emer.

UltraShape for abdominal fat

UltraShape body contour removes stubborn subcutaneous fat, not internal fat and does not treat loose skin.  My patients have great results and are advised to have a healthy diet and to exercise.  The fat cells are destroyed so they are permanently gone.  The only way to develop more fat in the area is to increase calories.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

I am so sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience. As an UltraShape Specialist I take pride in the treatments and results for my patients. It's hard to say the exact reason it may not have worked on you but maybe the procedure was done incorrectly. It's definitely unprofessional for an office to not return your calls and answer any additional questions you may have about the treatment and or your results. When I do these treatments, my patients see anywhere from 2-4 inches lost and yes it is a permanent reduction. I can't say without seeing you but liposuction may be best for you, if this didn't work.

Dennis Gross, MD

Ultrashape and Velashape question

Thank you for your question, and I'm sorry you are disappointed with the lack of results following your Ultrashape procedure.  It is difficult to answer why this didn't turn out the way you expected without examining you or looking at photos.  It may be that you were not the perfect candidate after all.  In my practice we see great results from the Ultrashape, but not in patients with too much skin laxity.  Furthermore, Ultrashape requires some "patient participation" in terms of adhering to a low sugar, low fat diet without a lot of alcohol consumption.  If this was not explained to you prior to the procedure, then that could explain sub-optimal results.  I would suggest you go to the Syneron/Candela website and find another Ultrashape provider near you to obtain a second opinion regarding your suitability for the treatment versus an alternative like liposuction.  Best of luck to you.

Alix J. Charles, MD
Hinsdale Dermatologic Surgeon