What type of procedure would I need for my asian eyelids? (Photos)

The attached pictures show what my eyes look like depending on the day. Some days I have a slight fold in my lids that I love! Other days I have no fold and have the puffy droopy monolids. Sometimes my eyes have the folds for weeks or I end up with only one eye retaining the fold for months. In order to permanently retain the folds what needs to happen?

Full incision or partial technique Asian blepharoplasty

Thank you for the photos. It's very common to see patients who have a partial crease that sometimes is visible and then goes away either later in the day or salty foods or alcohol etc. I prefer full incision Asian eyelid surgery with anchoring technique in a situation like yours. A partial incision with components of the surgery done with suture technique is also an option possibly in your case which might allow for a little bit faster healing. I would not recommend suture technique in most cases because I feel like the results are  A little bit inconsistent. It would take you approximately two weeks to look presentable sometimes less sometimes more. The procedure is performed under local Anesthesia.

Chase Lay MD

Asian eyelid surgery specialist 

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asian Blepharoplasty

It is common for Asian patients to have upper eyelid creases that appear and disappear.  In order to have the upper eyelid creases present permanently, you are likely a candidate for Asian Blepharoplasty.  This is commonly performed in the office under local anesthesia.  Please consult with a board certified specialist in Asian faces/eyelids who can guide and assist you with achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD