This tattoo was done over the course of a year, finished about a month ago. Can it be completely taken out or not? (Photo)

Every time I look at my blank arm I feel tears coming, because its so beautiful and natural and I want that for my whole body as well. I loved the owl on his own, but once it was all finished I absolutely hated it. Tried to convince myself otherwise, but I can't deny how sick and sad I feel every morning when I wake up and see it. This wasn't really an impulse action, lots of thought went into it, i just think it was very poorly executed.. I want to be happy and optimistic again. Please help :(

Pico Lasers

I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your tattoo. My preference for multi-colored tattoos is removal with the PiQo4 laser which has 4 Pico wavelengths to target 96% of ink. I also utilize the Picosure for a total of 5 Pico wavelengths. Pico lasers are the latest technology and remove tattoos faster with less risk of scarring then older laser systems. I would recommend an in person consultation.

Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

Tattoo Removal -- Pico/Q Switched Laser

Tattoos should be removed with q switched or pico lasers, we will often combine with fractional lasers to help speed the process. No matter the device it will take several treatments to see the outcome depending on your response and the technology. Please see a laser expert. Best, Dr. Emer