Lip fillers! How much should I get? (Photo)

So I want to get my lips done eventually but im not sure where to go or how much to get. I am very picky of how I want them to be so I wanna make sure I have someone who knows what there doing . My main reason is my top lip is to small , I am from Minnesota and I'm willing to travel for this not far but if there's anyone who can give me some advice on locals or not it would be great

1CC JUVEDERM

You should start out with maybe 1cc and go from there. You do not want to overdo too much filler in the lips. It also depends on the look you are going for too. You can always add more filler to the lips if needed. Just remember if you are going to do your lips and you do not want to bruise you should not take any aspirins or anything that will thin the blood since brusing can occur

Lip Filler amount

Thank you for your question.  It is always best to be conservative so as to not get an unnatural "duck lip" like appearance.  More filler can always be added either at the time of initial injection or sequentially over time if that is reasonable for you since you may be traveling.  You should discuss at length with your Board Certified Dermatologist your goals and desires for your lips and while you are being treated you should constantly be shown the mirror to assess where you are at.  Swelling will subside in a few days and you should be very happy with your new lips!  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip Fillers! How Much Should I get?

Find an expert injector and have a consultation prior to the procedure.  You should give the injector an idea of the size and look you are trying to achieve.

What I like to do for my patients is to inject some filler and then let the patient look in the mirror.  The patient should let me know if her lips look too small, just right, or a little large.  We inject until they are a little large, because there is some swelling.  Once the swelling goes down, they should be what the patient is looking for. Good luck!

Lip fillers! How much should I get?

Hello Cheybubbles27,

When it comes to lip fillers it is better to focus on the look you want instead of a set volume of filler.  They come in 1 cc syringes but there is no requirement that all of it be injected.  I always recommend being conservative to avoid an unnatural or duck lip.  You can always go back and add more filler if you need more volume.  If too much is injected there is an injection to get rid of it but then you paid to have the product removed that you wanted to have in your lips in the first place. 

I hope this helps and good luck. 

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip filler

Find a injector that can show you some of their own before and after pictures. I would start with one syringe of filler (1ml) or just a little less. You can always add more. 

Sumit Bapna, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Fillers and Augmentation

An in person consultation is the only way to assess how much product or which one is the best to inject into your lips.  It is best to consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with facial cosmetic injections.  Best, Dr. Green