What will lessen the puffy bags under my eyes? (Photo)

I've always had bags under my eyes and am constantly told I look tired. I'm 18 years old and live a very healthy, active lifestyle with 7-9 hours of sleep per night. Starting in middle school I tried cold spoons and cucumber, black tea bags, potato slices, and every serum/gel on the market with no results at all. Would any type of fillers be an option to help lessen the appearance of the bags?

Fillers

Your best non-surgical option is going to be a HA filler such as Restylane. It's what I use on myself. Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss. 
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Fillers

I WOULD TRY FILLERS BEFORE GOING IN AND DOING SURGERY , THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FAT TRANSFER AND FILLERS ARE FILLER ARE LESS INVASIVE AND CAN LAST 6-9 MONTHS SOMETIMES UP TO A YEAR DEPENDING ON WHICH ONES. FAT TRANSFERS ARE USUALLY SURGICALLY DONE WITH LIPO AND TRANSFERRED TO ANOTHER AREA OF THE BODY. A FAT TRANSFER CAN ALSO BE DONE THROUGH A LOCAL AFTER SURGERY FOR A REPEAT FAT INJECTION. FAT INJECTIONS OR TRANSFERS ARE USUALLY MORE PERMANENT. THIS IS SOMETHING THAT YOU MAY WANT TO SPEAK TO YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT IN A CONSULTATION AND SEE WHAT YOUR OPTIONS ARE.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Soft tissue fillers for the tear trough

Using hyaluronic acid fillers such as Restylane and Belotero to fill the tear trough would be a great first option before venturing into surgery.  I also recommend using a blunt-tip cannula to inject the filler as it may reduce bruising and pain and significantly reduces the risk of intra-vascular injection.

Johnny Mao, MD, FACS
Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Under Eye Bags

Thank You for your question. There are several options for you to choose from. Surgically, would be a Blepharoplasty. Non Surgically would be fillers, ie. Restylane or Juvederm Voluma. Your non surgical treatment will only camouflage the appearance of your under eye bags. I would recommend you see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to determine which treatment would best fit your needs. I hope this helps and good luck to you

Camille Cash, MD

Puffy Bags Under the Eyes

Thank you for sharing your case and photos.  Filler injections such as Restylane Silk or Belotero will help to smooth out the contour of your eyelids and cheeks.  By treating the tear trough, you will notice a dramatic improvement in the bags.  Consider a consultation with an experienced surgeon who has experience with these products and treating that area of the face.  Good luck!

Samuel Baharestani, MD
Long Island Oculoplastic Surgeon

Under eye treatment in younger patients

Thank you for the question and your photos. It may be the lighting, but it seems that your bags are quite small. In younger patients with mild issues, I start with fillers (Restylane or Belotero) delivered with a blunt-tipped microcannula. A small amount placed well can camouflage the bag by elevating the tear trough. If the problem persists or the fat bag gets larger, a small amount of fat can be removed through a transconjunctival (hidden) approach.

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dark Circles, Eyelid Wrinkles/Bags Treatment -- Restylane or Belotero with Cannulas, Clear+Brilliant, Eclipse Micropen, Viva

this can be treated with fillers , lasers, microneedling/PRP in combination. Please see an expert, Best, Dr. Emer.

What will lessen the puffy bags under my eyes?

Hello Megw11,

There are several treatment options for the under eye bags.  As you have found out, getting more sleep is not one of them.  The easiest option is to continue to try to cover the area with concealers/make up.  That isn't a very good option.  Another option is the use of fillers which you mentioned above.  These are placed in the area between the bag and your nose called the tear trough.  Shadows are what draw the eye to an area.  The tear trough does not normally have a shadow but the bag under your eye is creating one.  Fillers act to fill in this area so there is a smooth transition between the bag and your nose/cheek which makes everything less noticeable.  The last option is surgery.  This would entail making an incision in the pink part of the eye (no external incision) to help remove the fat under the eye creating the bag.  This is more of a long term solution but may be too aggressive for what you need at this time.

I'd recommend you consult with a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon who does his or her own injectables (fillers).  This way you can see the pros and cons of the surgical and non surgical options for yourself.  

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Surgery is your only predictable option

Creams, serums, makeups do not fix it. Surgery does. Fillers are not good option. Thus your practical solution is surgical correction.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Filler

You look very young from the photo to have or need any surgery and the photo is not ideal to evaluate things but something more conservative like a filler may be far more appropriate. See a board certified surgeon in your area with an expertise in aesthetic surgery for more information. Good luck!

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #eyebags #filler

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon