Lasik Consultation today, told me to be out of my toric lenses for 2 weeks. I wore them once during that period.

I wore them last Saturday for about 4-5 hours, will that be an issue when I go in today? I don't want to wait another two weeks..

As long as you're able to be out of your CTL for 2 weeks prior to your surgery date they can always do another refraction on the date of your surgery. The reason why we want you to be out of your CTL is for the doctors to get an accurate refraction of your prescription. At my office the rule of thumb for soft CTL is minimum 3 days, for Toric or Hard CTL i prefer minimum 2 weeks.

City Of Industry Ophthalmologist

Wearing Toric contact lenses before LASIK

A lot of it depends on the fit of your lenses and if you have experienced any corneal molding from lenses that are too tight. Soft contact lenses are probably fine, hard contact lenses can take months for the cornea to return to normal. You need to be sure that your corneal measurements are stable and consistent before you have surgery and you definitely need to tell your eye care provider about the additional wear.

Melissa Toyos, MD
Nashville Ophthalmologist